Can anyone from Texas answer this one?

TJC

Forum Probie
I've been searching the web and can't find an answer to this question, and the school won't give me one.

Back when I was in high school there was an ambulance at every football game. However our local high school no longer has one at the game. They have a First Responder fire truck staffed with one ECA and one person who is CPR certified. None of the coaches have emergency medical training. And when someone goes down they refuse to let those in the stands who are EMT-Bs or higher on the field to assist the first responders, even if they have their certs. on them. Is this allowed? I've written the UIL website, but haven't received any response.

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I cant think of a good reason why, but I would say that you are going about it the right way... the UIL would be the one to contact. I do know that they just passed a new rule that NO ONE is allowed on the field until after the game for any circumstances, but i would think they would allow us to help.. but you will have to take it up with them. Let me know what they say... I would say to call them, then you will get a response quicker.. if you have to, contact a athletic director at a local high school, and they should be able to give you a good number to call.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
In PA, the PIAA regulates this ... supposedly there is supposed to be a BLS truck at any varsity football game. Play is supposed to stop if the ambulance leaves the field on a transport, until another is there... (we just call for the next due to standby for us... they also go to the same school :D )

I know we've used our "sqaud" - EMS quick response vehicle with 1 or 2 EMT's o fill in once or twice when the ambulance was broken or on another call before the game, but we all wanted to have the ambulance there.... This is definatly a State athletic association issue, and possibly a school issue.

Jon

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Well I was at a varisty game last night, and the ALS crew that is supposed to be there was on a call and didnt get to the game until the 3rd quarter, and then they only stayed for about 15 minutes, and caught another call. I think this is seriously something that needs help in the TEXAS area. The UIL has their head up the butt about not letting ANYONE on the field. Im going to try to contact the UIL as well... Maybe with enough complaints, we can get an answer.

daemonicusxx

Forum Lieutenant
AMR was actually posted at HEB stadium the other night. they had to TXP a Football player off the field, and they actually had to stop the game untill me and my partner could get there to replace them. rules there were that they couldnt continue untill there was another ambulance there. me and my partner stayed there in our box untill their box returned from the ER. im sure there is a rule out there like this one for all games, but not everyone follows the rules.