Camps

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
So I'm wondering if anyone knows anything Camp Fully Involved

I saw it on the Firehouse.com board and got really interested. I would like to further my experience as much as I can and these seem awesome!!

It will be an interesting experience to test my limits and find out what I can do. I'm going to send in my application this week and I have already talked to the director about scholarships for travel (I live in Oregon and its in Manchester) because my dad is out of work because of a medical condition. I hope to ask family and friends for donations and all....umm I'm rambling again... so ya...any thoughts would be welcome!!

mikie

Forum Lurker
thanks for the link, I'm going to definitely look into it, looks very educational & fun!

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
You should consider Camp Blaze. Same kind of thing as Fully Involved except it's free. It's also in Washington so getting there would be much easier for you.

OP
OP
babygirl2882

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Ya I was thinking about that...but its not until Jan 2009 so if I don't get into these then? If I get in and all I may be have a scholarship for the transportation and then I just have to bug family/friends.

I have been looking into a lot of camps:
  • Camp Inferno
  • Overland Park, Kansas
  • Cadets need to secure their own transportation to the Overland Park Fire Training Center.
  • Beyond the $25 application fee, Camp Inferno is held at no cost to the cadets.
  • 15-19 girls learn in a week long overnight camp:
  • Camp Fully Involved
  • New Hampshire
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Sunday August 3rd - Friday August 8th, 2008[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Girls 14-20[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]$300 fee, plus transportation
    [/FONT]
  • "Tell me and I forget; Show me and I remember; Involve me and I understand!"
  • Phoenix Firecamp
  • Phoenix, New York
  • July 20-25, 2008
  • Girls 14-19
  • Free of charge except for the non-refundable $25 application fee.
  • Transportation to the camp is the full responsibility of the camper.
  • Blaze Firecamp
  • North Bend, Washington
  • Summer 2009
  • Applications start January 2009
  • $25 application fee no other charges
  • Must have Transportation to the Seattle area
  • Camp Summer Heat
  • June 14, 16-20, 2008
  • Colorado Springs, Colorado
  • Girls 15-19
  • Day camp, must have own housing accommodation's
:) I really hope to go this summer!

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, thanks for all the information. I'll have to check into those. Good luck!!

LIFEGUARDAVIDAS

Forum Crew Member
Wow! Too bad the summer camp where I work doesn't have that. :) If you have the chance, do it!

Guri

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Wow. I didn't even realize these things existed. These are great camps... I wish I'd known about the ones that allowed men when I was in the right age range.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow. I didn't even realize these things existed. These are great camps... I wish I'd known about the ones that allowed men when I was in the right age range.

Ahhh....but Jon...you are now in the position to be a Camp Counselor ;);)B):p

These are neat. I wish I could get my daughter intrested in something like this......and have one closer to home.

OP
OP
babygirl2882

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Ya...I really wish people were as cool about them as you are.

I found out about them from the firehouse forum...and people immediately started fighting...I was trying to back myself up but pulled out...

Fire Camp for Young Women
Fire Camps

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Whoa they really jumped down your throat!!! That's sad.

I think the reasons these camps should exist is simple: because people have a desire to run them and girls have the desire to attend. Boys are not being denied anything by the existence of these camps.

OP
OP
babygirl2882

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Whoa they really jumped down your throat!!! That's sad.

I think the reasons these camps should exist is simple: because people have a desire to run them and girls have the desire to attend. Boys are not being denied anything by the existence of these camps.

Can I give that quote to them? :)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha go ahead. I already responded too. I'm ArapahoeSnR. That guy is just plain-out nuts though. He seriously needs psychiatric help or something.

OP
OP
babygirl2882

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Haha go ahead. I already responded too. I'm ArapahoeSnR. That guy is just plain-out nuts though. He seriously needs psychiatric help or something.

And did you see his reply? It's horrible!!

OP
OP
babygirl2882

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
So...I got in!!! I really can't wait! Its going to be AMAZING!!!!