California to Maryland

waitjoshhills

Forum Probie
Hey!

Recently just became an EMT-B and I am pretty much fed up with california and all the hoops and rings you have to jump through to get a job. my gf and I are moving to Maryland pretty soon and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of paperwork/dmv/county/stuff i'll need to take care of prior and while there? hope you can help, thanks.

Joshua

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
waitjoshhills

waitjoshhills

Forum Probie
born and raised in long beach but my lady is from new york and she is getting her masters in maryland and it's time for a change. haha I love california but gotta say a lot of hassle trying to get a job.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I am pretty much fed up with california and all the hoops and rings you have to jump through to get a job.

Just remember that Maryland is pretty much the archetypal example of a "mother may I" system and they pretty much have an unstated policy (although it got slightly better after the Trooper 2 crash fiasco) of "It puts the trauma patient in the helicopter or it gets the hose again". The sad, pathetic state of affairs there is the primary reason why I moved back to Indiana after I left the military (I had been stationed in Maryland).

California is not ideal, but Maryland is worse. You are simply trading one headache for another.

OP
OP
waitjoshhills

waitjoshhills

Forum Probie
We are moving to Frederick cause she is going to school at Hood College for her masters. i'm willing to commute to D.C. or Baltimore or other surrounding areas for work though.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
California is not ideal, but Maryland is worse. You are simply trading one headache for another.

Having been born and raised in MD, I'd have to agree. MD State Govt. SUCKS. So many ridiculous 'rules and regulations' that it makes the best part of being from MD is that I'm FROM MD and don't live there now. With that said though, I'd dump Ohio in a heartbeat and move back.

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
I may be in this boat soon.

Any uodate on what the current Maryland headaches are?