Cal-Star!!!!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Airwaygoddess goes up in in the air for ride a long time with Cal-Star! "I must have lost my mind!" :eek: Rampart, This is squad 51!! YIKES!!! :p

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Be sure to disassociate yourself from the crew should anyone start to do a surgical cric as I wouldn't want your name to be in the lawsuit.

http://www.emsnetwork.org/artman2/publish/article_31914.shtml

The coroner's report states

I would like to see a real autopsy report done by a qualified medical examiner and not a "coroner".

There is a lot more to this tragic event to which the initial story released by the newspaper was so full of inaccuracies it makes one wonder who actually gave out the info and for what cause. The credibility of the story is blown for not checking any accuracy of the "facts" reported. The headline alone is enough to put doubt on the source and the journalistic ability of the reporter.

Autopsy: Helicopter EMTs killed man
http://www.dailydemocrat.com/news/ci_9119365

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I agree with you Vent. There were earlier accounts and it seems they all had a different tweak here and there.

My posting was sarcasm, more tongue in cheek than anything.

NJN

The Young One
Its a bird, its a plane, no its SUPER ANNA. How was the ride? I hope it was a great experience.

OP
OP
Airwaygoddess

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Medivac chopper time!

Got to do a ICU transfer to Stanford up by San Fransisco. The crew was wonderful, and I learned so much!!! when I did look out at the view the sky was beautiful!! Can't wait to go again! ^_^

Doctor B

Forum Crew Member
I would like to see a real autopsy report done by a qualified medical examiner and not a "coroner".

There is a lot more to this tragic event to which the initial story released by the newspaper was so full of inaccuracies it makes one wonder who actually gave out the info and for what cause. The credibility of the story is blown for not checking any accuracy of the "facts" reported. The headline alone is enough to put doubt on the source and the journalistic ability of the reporter.

Autopsy: Helicopter EMTs killed man
http://www.dailydemocrat.com/news/ci_9119365

And now a word form the other side of the coin:

CALSTAR President Joseph F. Cook said that an incision in Jones' neck made by a piece of glass from the shattered windshield inhibited the success of the cricothyrotomy and was a factor in Jones' death. Cook said he believes the coroner misinterpreted the autopsy findings in attributing the cause of death to the cricothyrotomy incision.

The autopsy report, which documents in detail the examination of the body, does indicate an additional wound, about 2-3 centimeters in length, that "completely perforates the right lateral and posterior wall of the upper trachea at about the first and second tracheal ring level."

VentMedic

Forum Chief
And now a word form the other side of the coin:

CALSTAR President Joseph F. Cook said that an incision in Jones' neck made by a piece of glass from the shattered windshield inhibited the success of the cricothyrotomy and was a factor in Jones' death. Cook said he believes the coroner misinterpreted the autopsy findings in attributing the cause of death to the cricothyrotomy incision.

The autopsy report, which documents in detail the examination of the body, does indicate an additional wound, about 2-3 centimeters in length, that "completely perforates the right lateral and posterior wall of the upper trachea at about the first and second tracheal ring level."

The source for this is in the article posted by AK earlier.