CA EMT looking to move to OREGON...

JTL900

Forum Ride Along
Hello,

I am an Alameda County (CA) certified EMT-B looking to move to Oregon, tentatively in the Central Point/Ashland/Medford area. I was hoping one or more of you could help me out with information on who I should look to for employment. Who are the 911 providers in the area? Are there any BLS/transport companies up there? Do they even HIRE EMT-B's in that area? Lastly, do you think I will be able to get certified in Oregon without too much trouble since I am already certed in CA? I am going to research this now, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway... and help is much appreciated.

Can't stand California for another day!!

John

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
You shouldn't have too hard of a time getting reciprocity in Oregon, however, EMT-B jobs are pretty scarce. The only company I know of in the Medford area is Mercy Flights. Keep in mind that if you want to move on to paramedic, it requires an associates degree.

Madmedic780

Forum Crew Member
^ True statement.

B-Jobs are really hard to get in Oregon, however Mercy also does ground services as well.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
^ True statement.

B-Jobs are really hard to get in Oregon, however Mercy also does ground services as well.

Yup, if I remember correctly they are the primary 911 agency for Jackson county. I think they do IFT as well, but I'm not sure.