CA Basic jobs

zerolove

Forum Ride Along
I know I'm probably the thousandth person to ask this question, so my apologies for that.

I'm a basic with 2 years experience that just moved to CA. I worked at a small private ambulance company for a year, and then AMR for a year when they essentially bought out my previous company.

I attempted to do an internal transfer with AMR to the CA division, but the HR departments clearly do not talk to each other, and several balls were dropped by them.

I'm looking for EMT work in the LA county area (currently live in Valley Village).

How hard is it going to be to find work as a basic in CA, with 2 years experience? It seems like there's a lot of horror stories about no jobs in CA. Am I completely f***ed?

What are some companies to steer away from? Who's the top-dog of awesome companies to work for? I've been carpet-bombing the city with applications the last month, and nothing has come back so far.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Stay away from small privates. (twss) Care is amazing and Id recommend them 10000% , they're hiring 120 new bodies right now, so try that out and get on with the la division.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I cannot speak for LA, but in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have paramedics with several years of experience taking EMT positions at IFT companies. It's tough and sad.

hammerizer

Forum Ride Along
In San Diego we have EMT's who cant find a job through their entire certification period, and not a ***K up either a fully qualified good although green EMT my friend now has to recert with no experience

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant
Stay away from small privates. (twss) Care is amazing and Id recommend them 10000% , they're hiring 120 new bodies right now, so try that out and get on with the la division.
Wow I wish it was like that every where