Bringing out the Dead

joeboo

Forum Probie
Just watched "Bringing out the Dead" with Nicolas cage

Great Christmas movie!!

Anyway, I thought it was pretty accurate(except for hollywood style chest compressions~akin to a deep tissue massage~ and electrodes sitting atop the hair on a mans chest)

Anyone seen it?

Are there any other cool ambulance movies out there?

Merry Christmas!!:birthday::birthday: to Jesus

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just watched "Bringing out the Dead" with Nicolas cage

Great Christmas movie!!

Anyway, I thought it was pretty accurate(except for hollywood style chest compressions~akin to a deep tissue massage~ and electrodes sitting atop the hair on a mans chest)

Anyone seen it?

Are there any other cool ambulance movies out there?

Merry Christmas!!:birthday::birthday: to Jesus

It's a great movie, I haven't seen it in a few years might be time to dig it out again.

You might look up mother jugs and speed. Kind of a movie about the very early days of ambulance serviices.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I didn't like it.

bigbaldguy

I didn't like it.

Bringing out the dead? It was a little dark but I really like the Nicolas Cage character. I think that's pretty much the mental image I have of him when I hear the name now.

Mother jugs and speed I wasn't super crazy about but it had some pretty funny scenes. Plus it was wild to see doctor Huxstuble at 20 years old :)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I really like that movie. I think it's a quality movie, not a quality EMS movie.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
I own it!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I really liked it. Not totally on. But still a good movie.

My other favorite EMS movie... Mother, Juggs, and Speed. Lol!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The book Bringing out the Dead from Joe Connolly is much better than the movie. Connolly was a NY paramedic for 10 years, and you’ll notice the book is a lot darker and covers a lot more of the story than the movie.

Read the book and you'll see why Frank (the Nick Cage character) is so tortured.

med51fl

Forum Lieutenant
The movie wasn't bad, but I agree that the book was much better.

Mother, Jugs, & Speed I enjoy. You can't beat Raquel Welch :blush:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

bigbaldguy

Veneficus

Forum Chief
You might look up mother jugs and speed. Kind of a movie about the very early days of ambulance serviices.

The most accurate documentary of EMS and ambulance service ever published.

It is just as true today.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm still waiting for the opportunity to pull that song and dance with the narcan ;) :lol:

Shepard

Forum Crew Member
Good movie! Good actors... ;) not necessarily accurate... but seeing as its one of few EMS movies out there I thought it was pretty good!

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
From the Netflix description...

"An ambulance driver on the verge of a nervous breakdown...."

:angry:

Boycott! BOYCOTT!!

:p

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
From the Netflix description...

"An ambulance driver on the verge of a nervous breakdown...."

:angry:

Boycott! BOYCOTT!!

:p
I am surprised they have it. Cdn netflix sucks. And get used to being called an ambulance driver... since you are one or will be one....lol

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
I am surprised they have it. Cdn netflix sucks. And get used to being called an ambulance driver... since you are one or will be one....lol

They actually don't have it - because they suck. That's why I use a proxy server and tap into the US Netflix. Subscription allows access to both and I can watch all the stuff the Canadian one doesn't have. (Plus none of the CBC programming - an added bonus!)