Bowers hourly pay?

Ediron

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know the hourly pay for Bowers in LA County as a EMT

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I"ve heard 20+ from the grapevine. I'm not sure though.'

Edit: I lied... That's for medics, Not sure about EMT's.

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
is bowers an ambo service? if so i have been hearing california emt's working for ambo's start from about 10 to 12 $ per hr
woooo..hooo! bank :rolleyes:

EXPERTrookie209

Forum Probie
is bowers an ambo service? if so i have been hearing california emt's working for ambo's start from about 10 to 12 $ per hr
woooo..hooo! bank :rolleyes:

You can blame the multitude of companies coupled with the EMT mills cranking out thousands of EMTs a year. It's pathetic, really...

OP, to answer your Q, I believe its somewhere around the $9.50-10.00/hr range. This was a few years ago though, so may be more now.

IrightI

Forum Crew Member
Not enough.

And from past experiences, you will want to keep a log of your hours worked up to the minute. The paychecks are known to have errors. It was so bad that guys from my station refused to take calls, until a check was cut and sent from HR which covered the missed OT hours. Each of them was expecting a 400-500 dollar check. They reported the errors on each paycheck, but it took 6 months for them to recieve there checks. (Bowers is strictly an IFT company, so no one was refusing a 911 call....before anyone wants to point that out.)

Just my two copper pennies.

TheyCallMeNasty

Forum Crew Member
Not enough.

And from past experiences, you will want to keep a log of your hours worked up to the minute. The paychecks are known to have errors. It was so bad that guys from my station refused to take calls, until a check was cut and sent from HR which covered the missed OT hours. Each of them was expecting a 400-500 dollar check. They reported the errors on each paycheck, but it took 6 months for them to recieve there checks. (Bowers is strictly an IFT company, so no one was refusing a 911 call....before anyone wants to point that out.)

Just my two copper pennies.

Yea I dont know when you worked with them but lately I havent had any errors on mine....and they get some 911(vernon) and stemi/nicu code 3 responses with the contracted hospitals. Did you work with them while they were owned by pacific or before?

blastereosloud

Forum Crew Member
I've worked for Bowers since November of last year and YES, you need to absolutely keep a daily shift log of your SOS/EOS and missed meals. They mess up on timecards A LOT.:glare: