Bowers Ambulance?

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I have no idea how the whole integration of Bowers/AMR works.. If your ideal place to work is AMR than I would apply at all AMR divisions I would be willing to work for. If you are guaranteed an opportunity to transfer out to an AMR division once you are picked up by Bowers than that might be a decent route also. I personally don't trust it I just see it as a way for them to get the bodies they need for Bowers. Just understand when you do transfer your seniority/pay does not transfer with you so you will essentially be starting over.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I have no idea how the whole integration of Bowers/AMR works.. If your ideal place to work is AMR than I would apply at all AMR divisions I would be willing to work for. If you are guaranteed an opportunity to transfer out to an AMR division once you are picked up by Bowers than that might be a decent route also. I personally don't trust it I just see it as a way for them to get the bodies they need for Bowers. Just understand when you do transfer your seniority/pay does not transfer with you so you will essentially be starting over

Word. I asked the HR lady who called me some very specific questions, but the answers weren't completely satisfactory. I will have a list of questions with me when I go interview with them, and since AMR is, indeed, the end goal and there are others here who'd like the information, I'll make sure to update the thread. Thank you again for your reply.

@Jim37F this is what AMR sent me:

Hello,

We thank you for your interest in American Medical Response. This email serves as confirmation that you successfully passed the written exam on **/****. Please be informed that your name has been placed on our waiting list until we have EMT vacancies. At that time, you will be contacted to schedule an onsite interview.

Since I get updates/notifications ea time AMR has a vacancy in CA, I'm assuming that they just keep moving people up the list or, such as the case with Bowers/Doctor's, they try to plug their IFT subsidiaries with new eligible AMR applicants. PM me any questions you'd like me to ask them during the interview, I'll add them to mine.

Qulevrius

Interviewed with them, it's like everything @gonefishing said. And the punchline is that after 6 months of employment, it 'becomes easier' to transfer to AMR, because 'those already in the system get a priority'. Sorry Jim, looks like you and I both have to keep applying. ..

Qulevrius

(10 minutes ago)

- Hello, may I speak with *** ?
- Speaking.
- Hi, my name is *** and I'm calling on behalf of AMR. We noticed that you recently applied and tested for us, but since we do not hire at the moment, we'd like to offer you an opportunity to interview with Bowers, another one of our companies. Are you interested ?

...seriously :D ?

TreySpooner65

Forum Lieutenant
I laugh every time I read that Dialysis transportation is medicare fraud. You do realize that medicare pays for it specifically? Do you think those that are on dialysis and can't walk or use wheelchair should not be transported to dialysis center by ambulance?
I do not think they should be transported by ambulance. Why? Because in my County, ambulances so 0 dialysis transports. Oh, we must have healthy people? No. We have wheelchair and gurney vans. Much cheaper than an ambulance, and a more appropriate level of care.

Just because you can't walk, or cant sit, doesn't mean you need an ambulance. All you need is medicla transport.

Ambulance = Emergency
Gurney Van = Non-Emergency

See how that works?

(One time I did run a dialysis call, and the dialysis supervisor was actually angry that we brought the patient, and said it's a waste of an ambualnce, and not our job. She wasnt mad at us, but at whoever arranged the transport.)

Also, I used to work for Bowers, I liked it, but a lot has changed since then.