Bludgeoning and sniping.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I took several classes on conflict resolution during my tenure as a union shop steward. My union had a reputation for being the least cantankerous and the one most willing to seek a solution instead of win a fight.

The key to conflict resolution is to stick to the issues. A difference of opinion over what skills should be ALS or BLS often turns into "You aren't smart enough to do this" vs "I'm smarter than you!" Much of what we do rides the gray area pretty hard anyway. To start making it about the individual is only going to start a fight. I think its important to know when to agree to disagree and move on.

Now I didn't get my name due to my placid nature. When I read a post that in my opinion mis-states the facts as I percieve them, I'm going to do what I can to illuminate the topic and educate the OP. But, I believe that disagreeing with me is not necessarily a sign or symptom of low intelligence, questionable parentage or lack of education. I have disagreed vehemently with people I respect and admire. And I have been disagreed with by those who respect me as well.

I think the best advice is when you are in that ever deepening hole of ranquor and the mud keeps flying... quit digging and climb out!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, banning every new user just because they don't fit into the hippie like soft and cuddly, coddle me view of this is just asinine. You don't see things the way I do, so you don't belong. That sounds like something you'd be killed for in North Korea. We're all different, no one emt, paramedic, first responder, etc. are alike. I don't do things the way I was taught, and I don't do them by the book, but I do them correctly, and I've never had a patient, physician, or partner complain. In fact, despite my rough exterior, hilarious sense of humor and sarcastic-satire drown personality; I frequently get cards and well wishes from patients who were very touched and comforted by my care efforts and compassion I gave. So, maybe you wanna ban me, because I've never volunteered, wouldn't volunteer, and would pick at you because you do volunteer.. But I'd be the first one to stop and offer a hand.

I'll give you ten reasons, why it pays.. to pay. But I'll give you ten more, why it pays to have people who are willing to do this for people who live in places that can't pay.

BTW. At the end of the day, you'll all be banned for questioning the regime.

Wow! Darlin' you need to relax! I think I'm one of the few 'hippies' on the forum but no one has accused me yet of being soft and cuddly!

medic417

The Truth Provider
Wow! Darlin' you need to relax! I think I'm one of the few 'hippies' on the forum but no one has accused me yet of being soft and cuddly!

Actually many here including you have been accussed of that by indivuals banned from this site. Just thought you would like to know.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Actually many here including you have been accussed of that by indivuals banned from this site. Just thought you would like to know.

Accused of what? Being warm and cuddly? Relaxing? ROFL that's funny!

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
EMTWINTZ, you got me. Wifi, don't let the smiley faces fool you.

But "Play nice, there's fish bigger than any of us in the deep end" is more cryptic and just gets people really, really angry.

I think any web forum has to work hard to keep its character and still keep some/us users from making it unpleasant for others, and that is so hard. I have participated in a web forum so tame no one uses it. Oh well.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Thanks!!

(Responding upon condition of anomaloninity

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member

Well bossy - I find some cows quite soft and cuddly. Otherwise I find them on my plate with a heapin helpin of Heinz 57....

In all seriousness, we do pretty well on this board. We've had good cogent conversations about things that would get even the most pious of nuns all riled up in her habit. Please allow this moment of un-adulterated self appreciation - "yay us!"

medic417

The Truth Provider
Well bossy - I find some cows quite soft and cuddly. Otherwise I find them on my plate with a heapin helpin of Heinz 57....

In all seriousness, we do pretty well on this board. We've had good cogent conversations about things that would get even the most pious of nuns all riled up in her habit. Please allow this moment of un-adulterated self appreciation - "yay us!"

:unsure: :unsure: