BLS to ALS Interface Class in SF Bay Area?

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
I have my EMT-B and I would like to continue on to become a Paramedic. I took my classes at CCC in San Pablo, CA. When I started the program in August of 2011, there were four classes needed to complete the program:
  • EMED-110 Emergency Medical Technician I
  • EMED-130 EMS Anatomy and Physiology
  • ADJUS-223 Community Relations and Cultural Issues
  • EMED-135 BLS/ALS Interface

I took EMED-110 Fall 2011, and just finished the EMED-130 in Spring 2012 semester. ADJUS-223 was removed from the program as most of it was covered in the EMED-110 class (Sexual Harassment, Assault and Battery, etc). Then I found out that the EMED-135 class was cancelled due to lack of funding (I think).

I said all that to ask this. Anyone know of a BLS/ALS interface class I could take in the San Francisco Bay Area? Preferably in Alameda and/or Contra Costa county (Berkeley, Oakland, Richmond, Concord, Martinez, etc). Thanks a bazillion!! :)

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Get a job, they will teach you ALS assist skills, these skills are not difficult-spike a bag/lock, monitor, 12leads.

OP
OP
EMT2B

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
Get a job, they will teach you ALS assist skills, these skills are not difficult-spike a bag/lock, monitor, 12leads.

Good to know! :) I also want to learn how to properly insert an IV, an IO line, etc etc. Paramedic skills. ;)

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
OP- better use of your time would be a community college anatomy and physiology class- 2 semesters worth, with labs. Don't screw around with watered down "anatomy for EMS" that seems... like a waste of time and money. Also, try to get work as an EMT-b and then apply and go on to Paramedic school.

btw- yo beano! Cool username, lol :D