Best way to go about it?

Handsome

Forum Ride Along
So a little backstory on my situation, 2 years ago I enrolled in my local community colleges EMT-B class with full intent on completing their AAS in Paramedicine program. However, a few weeks into the course I was forced to withdraw from the class. (Work, financial problems, I'm sure you've all been there.) So over the past couple of years I've been pinching every penny I've made with completing this program being the main goal. Since I've invested a substantial amount of time into being able to afford this I want to make sure I do it right. The community college requires 50 documented ambulance calls as an EMT-B before they will accept you into the Paramedicine program. So at the moment my plan is to enroll in the Summer 2015 EMT class, then upon completing that, attempt to find some kind of work as an EMT while I complete the Colleges core classes in Fall 2015. Sounds solid to me, but I would definitely love to hear any advice from someone who has "been there, done that."

Thanks in advance. :)

JWalters

Forum Crew Member
Sounds like a good plan. Should be able to wrack up 50 calls in a week or so.

Or, you could work where I do....where one job sees about 2 calls a week and the other about 8. I'm counting NOW for the medic program in the fall hahahaha