BB removed

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm going to have to try again, it won't let me see! how is your hand feeling anyway?:)

OP
OP
premedtim

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant
*shrugs* I'm actually surprised, it doesn't hurt at all. They said to take ibuprofen if it starts to throb but it hasn't even done that. Well, no, it did throb briefly for like 5 seconds at one point in the day but it was so minor I barely noticed it. Only needed one stitch anyhow. :)

Definitely set my mind on surgery after that though. I was awake while he did the procedure because they just used a local anesthetic (Lidocaine) so I talked with him about surgery in general, and specifically about the 100-hour-week thing and his opinion was that surgery is only this life-sucking parasite of a career if people want it to be; he said that he personally has plenty of leisure time to have a life and all that good stuff. Granted it was in an outpatient facility, not a hospital, but hey if that's what it takes then so be it cause I think surgery is interesting as hell...only thing holding me back was the hours thing.