Bakersfield College Medic Program

indres91a

Forum Ride Along
So ive been thinking a lot about where to take the medic class once i have all my experience gathered to take the program. I like the idea of BC. What can you guys tell me about your experience if you have taken it there? Also, i plan to stop working while i take it, dedicate 100% to it. How much SHOULD i have saved up? Lol all opions are greatly appreciated!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
So ive been thinking a lot about where to take the medic class once i have all my experience gathered to take the program. I like the idea of BC. What can you guys tell me about your experience if you have taken it there? Also, i plan to stop working while i take it, dedicate 100% to it. How much SHOULD i have saved up? Lol all opions are greatly appreciated!

How much you need to save up is completely dependent on your life style, the cost of living in the area, and lots of other variables that we can't really gauge for you. As for not working while you are in school, why? I know lot's of people who have gone to school while working full time jobs so I think a part time job should at least be doable.

One piece of advice I would give you is to avoid debt and do not use credit cards to fund your education.

There are also other programs in Southern California that are cheaper. The Central Coast Paramedic Program offered through Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo is a good program with some great instructors who I am privileged to know.

I am attaching a link to the program, and a link to the price sheet for you. Applications are currently being accepted and this program is designed to allow you to work and complete the program at the same time, which most people do in fact do.

http://academic.cuesta.edu/nursing/programs.htm#Paramedic Program Info

http://academic.cuesta.edu/nursing/Paramedic/CENTRAL COAST PARAMEDIC PROGRAM ESTIMATED COST.pdf

-Bruce