Background Check

Johnny_B_Good

Forum Probie
Will a Civil Suit show up on a background check for an EMT-B course? My record is clean otherwise. Hoping it doesn't cause any problems...

I understand this is more of a "law" type question, but I was wondering if anyone had problems with their record before participating in an EMT-B course (it's to my understanding at the Jr. College I'm attending that they require a mandatory background check). Thanks!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Will a Civil Suit show up on a background check for an EMT-B course? My record is clean otherwise. Hoping it doesn't cause any problems...

I understand this is more of a "law" type question, but I was wondering if anyone had problems with their record before participating in an EMT-B course (it's to my understanding at the Jr. College I'm attending that they require a mandatory background check). Thanks!
It is my understanding and experience that a civil lawsuit will not show up on a typical criminal background check. That said, companies have been known to run credit checks, search court records, and the internet to dig up dirt on potential and current employees.

OP
OP
Johnny_B_Good

Johnny_B_Good

Forum Probie
....so I'm kind of shooting myself in the foot for posting this...??? HAHA. :rolleyes:

atticrat

Forum Crew Member
....so I'm kind of shooting myself in the foot for posting this...??? HAHA. :rolleyes:

Your better off not trying to hide something from your past. Maybe it will come out maybe it wont, but ya' never know.

Man up and admit your mistake before you get called on it. An honestly written letter of explanation with details (and hopefully lessons learned) will usually go over very favorably.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
^ that

And just to inform you...........this topic has been brought up over and over and over and over and over and over and over again on here. I'm telling you this because some other people on here will descend like fire from heaven on you if you ask something like this without using the search function.

OP
OP
Johnny_B_Good

Johnny_B_Good

Forum Probie
^ that

And just to inform you...........this topic has been brought up over and over and over and over and over and over and over again on here. I'm telling you this because some other people on here will descend like fire from heaven on you if you ask something like this without using the search function.

Yea, I understand that. I tried posting on a previous "background check" thread that was 3+ years old, and the moderator told me to post a new one. That's why. Thanks for the tip.