Back from EMS Expo 2008...

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Nice shot.

I like that the lady isn't looking angelic like Flo Nightingale on a Red Cross postcard, but determined.
(And, speaking as a former firefighter, who's the guy in the turnouts "cowering" in the back?;) Yeah, I know, he's concerned, but someone has to be the wiseguy).
Anyway, it brought back memories. Thanks!!

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member
thanks scott. I do both "trolling" and riding with crews (usually a supervisor). I'll pm you with a little info about legalities, etc.

I'm doing a pre-conference lecture on ems scene photography at next year's iafc fire rescue med conference in las vegas. It will address ems provider policy development, legal issues, as well as training and marketing aspects within the ems organization. I also wrote an article in the july 2008 issue of jems magazine that addresses a few of the points i mention above.

Thanks again!

Ray

10-4.......

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I like that the lady isn't looking angelic like Flo Nightingale on a Red Cross postcard, but determined.
(And, speaking as a former firefighter, who's the guy in the turnouts "cowering" in the back?;) Yeah, I know, he's concerned, but someone has to be the wiseguy).
Anyway, it brought back memories. Thanks!!

The fireman is actually looking back as he is exiting the ambulance. Sometimes I cringe when the fire guys climb in the back because its already crowded enough and it makes it harder for me to get a clear shot of the patient / paramedic interaction.

This is a cropped version from the original. Mom is sitting on the bench seat to the left, but the image worked better composition wise by cropping and allowing the eye to work toward the medic on the left and to the patient. I actually sat on the floor of the ambulance for this shot.

Thanks!

Ray

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
That rig is cavernous! (haha)

damm fine shot.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've said it once and I'll say it again... that's a great picture. Congrats, Ray!

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
The best pictures are the ones not staged - candid shots taken as the action happens. Anyone with experience can tell a staged EMS photo...

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I've said it once and I'll say it again... that's a great picture. Congrats, Ray!

Thank you very much MMiz!

Ray

suziquzi99

Forum Crew Member
Nice pics. I too am a previous photographer. That would be awesome to be on scene!

When is this Atlanta Expo? Can anyone go? Having not started school yet, would it be worth my while to go? I have to go to trade shows all the time with work and seems like it would be fun to go to one I was actually interested in. Oh yeah, are they expensive?

seshan

Forum Crew Member
I had a great time at the show as well. Although i am not EMT i work with many hands in the EMT industry.

Did anyone see the concept ambulance from SJC/MccoyMiller? It had a side enterence and the stretcher track that sits parallel to the driver.

What do you guys think of this design?