"Asthma attack"

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Do not forget that in this particular instance, the OP gets a blood glucose measurement on all patient contacts as this is part of their standard vital signs gathering. This is why the OP provided a blood glucose level to us in the first place.
I will also reiterate, that not getting a BGL results in a QA flag which may or may not result in issues with ones employer.

At a former job, we were supposed to get a BGL on everyone. So if someone gets shot 3 times, and we took him to the hospital without a BGL, the on duty supervisor would provide us with a QA flag, which would require the author to submit a justification or reason why BGL was not obtained, all of whom are reviewed by our clinical coordinator. Does anyone really think the BGL was a factor in why this person needed an ambulance? no, but it's just easier to prevent the QA flag by getting a BGL on every patient.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I will also reiterate, that not getting a BGL results in a QA flag which may or may not result in issues with ones employer.

At a former job, we were supposed to get a BGL on everyone. So if someone gets shot 3 times, and we took him to the hospital without a BGL, the on duty supervisor would provide us with a QA flag, which would require the author to submit a justification or reason why BGL was not obtained, all of whom are reviewed by our clinical coordinator. Does anyone really think the BGL was a factor in why this person needed an ambulance? no, but it's just easier to prevent the QA flag by getting a BGL on every patient.

That is ridiculous.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
That is ridiculous.
Especially because the ER nurse is just going to get another one anyway. It's just that this way, the junk yard dogs looking for red meat won't be able to hang the 'one off' hypoglycemic gsw coming to their ER on you...