Are we GODS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I can be a tad abrasive, stubborn, and opinionated. And often some people on here take offense to what I say, because I'm always right :rolleyes:
I believe your plagiarizing my posting there Dr.P, thats gonna cost you some demerits I am afraid. :p

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
Thats basically it mate. Your conduct gives us the impression you are minimally educated with a poor grasp of both basic bioscience and the current evidence base as it applies to prehospital medicine.

Now that fact alone is not a bad thing, we are all not experts and knowledge is power. I will never look down upon somebody or refuse a request to help a person increase thier base of knowledge and understanding.

You however appear a gung-ho, Whacker E. Rescue type who wants to save the world with your magic bag of drugs and tools despite a grossly inadequate education on how, or when, and more importantly when not to use them.

And that screen name of yours just seals the whole package up nicely.

Retracted

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
I find it all funny now! Thanks for all the wonderful replies!

BTW I kinda like my SN Call me what you want Dr. Parasite was right at the end of the day I know who I am. What I do is what I do... Just remember if you come good ole WV and get hurt I mite just your care provider ::::::GRIN:::::: OK I done with this post!

Cory

Forum Captain
EDIT: Nevermind, it's not worth it. Sorry admins.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Hey badass, maybe your reaction to the responses from this forum is due to the southern culture in which you were raised (presumably). I'm referring to Virginia, WV, the Carolinas,Georgia, Alabama and such.

I came from NY several years ago and worked in Charleston SC briefly. From my experience, I noticed that most of those I worked with and also interacted with outside of work look to avoid confrontation for some reason. You'll think that you're on good terms with someone, and then they'll throw you under the bus or talk bad about you to everyone else when you're not around. It's like they're patting you on the back and stabbing you in the back at the same time.

Me, I shoot straight from the hip. I was raised to handle the problem on the spot in a direct manner, without regard as to whether I'll hurt someone's feelings in doing so. This way of handling things, rather than practicing avoidance and conspiring against the person in secret, is what southerners complain about when dealing with northerners. You know, northerners are rude, nasty, and compain all the time. It's called being direct, standing up for yourself, and not taking the coward's approach and looking to settle the score by going behind their back, unbeknownst to them.

I suspect that your issue with this internet forum is at least somewhat due to the southern culture of avoiding confrontation. I'm also suprised that someone of your age would start such a thread as this. I would expect that kind of drama from a 16-20 year old, not someone who's been in EMS for 20 or so years.

Also realize that internet posts will generally be stronger than what you would encounter in real life, since most of us are anonymous. Some look for any and every opportunit to put someone in their place, or otherwise demonstrate some form of superiority, presumably to stroke their own ego or in a misguided attempt to prove their own self worth. You can't take these forums too seriously. Maybe try to learn a thing or two, or have a couple of heated discussions for entertainment's sake. The internet and real life are two entirely different things.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
^^^ Psh, I'm stuck in no mans land than, 46. I was born in the south, and spent half my life in the north and south. I clearly avoid confrontation at times, and face it directly at others.

I'm seen as nice in the north, and rude in the south...You can't label me!

Sasha

Forum Chief
^^^ Psh, I'm stuck in no mans land than, 46. I was born in the south, and spent half my life in the north and south. I clearly avoid confrontation at times, and face it directly at others.

I'm seen as nice in the north, and rude in the south...You can't label me!

I'm from Florida, very southern state and I am argumentative :)

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
Hey badass, maybe your reaction to the responses from this forum is due to the southern culture in which you were raised (presumably). I'm referring to Virginia, WV, the Carolinas,Georgia, Alabama and such.

I came from NY several years ago and worked in Charleston SC briefly. From my experience, I noticed that most of those I worked with and also interacted with outside of work look to avoid confrontation for some reason. You'll think that you're on good terms with someone, and then they'll throw you under the bus or talk bad about you to everyone else when you're not around. It's like they're patting you on the back and stabbing you in the back at the same time.

Me, I shoot straight from the hip. I was raised to handle the problem on the spot in a direct manner, without regard as to whether I'll hurt someone's feelings in doing so. This way of handling things, rather than practicing avoidance and conspiring against the person in secret, is what southerners complain about when dealing with northerners. You know, northerners are rude, nasty, and compain all the time. It's called being direct, standing up for yourself, and not taking the coward's approach and looking to settle the score by going behind their back, unbeknownst to them.

I suspect that your issue with this internet forum is at least somewhat due to the southern culture of avoiding confrontation. I'm also suprised that someone of your age would start such a thread as this. I would expect that kind of drama from a 16-20 year old, not someone who's been in EMS for 20 or so years.

Also realize that internet posts will generally be stronger than what you would encounter in real life, since most of us are anonymous. Some look for any and every opportunit to put someone in their place, or otherwise demonstrate some form of superiority, presumably to stroke their own ego or in a misguided attempt to prove their own self worth. You can't take these forums too seriously. Maybe try to learn a thing or two, or have a couple of heated discussions for entertainment's sake. The internet and real life are two entirely different things.

Like I said I know who I am at the end of the day...... Somebody here pointed it out now I am just going to let it roll off.....I am new to the internet forum stuff so it was quite the shock if you know what I mean. And I did make the direct to point heated discussion and nobody has yet to prove me wrong on that particular subject and that is what has pissed them off. So I have said what I had to say in here and in the other post I have been involved in and just moved on.... Thanks for your input.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Like I said I know who I am at the end of the day...... Somebody here pointed it out now I am just going to let it roll off.....I am new to the internet forum stuff so it was quite the shock if you know what I mean. So I have said what i had to say in here and other post I have been involved in and just moved on.... Thanks for your input.

I know what you mean. A little while after joining this forum, I started a thread intended to be an ALS version of the "tips and tricks of the trade" thread on the BLS forum.

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=13160

I opened with an easy way to do dopamine calculations, and asked for others to share their tips, shortcuts, etc. Instead, I was lectured on why shortcuts are bad, do things the proper way, along with a few education rants, etc. etc. I have also been prejudged being fire based EMS, and have been in a few heated discussions in regards. Nevermind that I spent five years in hospital based 911/IFT EMS before going fire. I learned pretty quick what I was dealing with here. Just remember, everyone thinks they're an internet hero. Take it where it's coming from.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Just remember, everyone thinks they're an internet hero.

I am an internet hero. Haven't you seen my glittery purple cape?

( And before JP posts the Edna Mode "No Capes!" video... I LIKE capes.)

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
I know what you mean. A little while after joining this forum, I started a thread intended to be an ALS version of the "tips and tricks of the trade" thread on the BLS forum.

I opened with an easy way to do dopamine calculations, and asked for others to share their tips, shortcuts, etc. Instead, I was lectured on why shortcuts are bad, do things the proper way, along with a few education rants, etc. etc. I have also been prejudged being fire based EMS, and have been in a few heated discussions in regards. Nevermind that I spent five years in hospital based 911/IFT EMS before going fire. I learned pretty quick what I was dealing with here. Just remember, everyone thinks they're an internet hero. Take it where it's coming from.

Really I do thank you for your input. You are really bringing light to what I have dealt with the last few days. One thing I wish for on here is voice! Then I could get my point out the way I want to. But that would not be a good thing. I am learning how to deal with ones who keep poking. Just tell I am done I made my point and move on!

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
I am an internet hero. Haven't you seen my glittery purple cape?

( And before JP posts the Edna Mode "No Capes!" video... I LIKE capes.)

Capes are hot huh-huh, huh-huh, huh-huh

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant

Amazing that thread you linked me!
Thanks to all the others for their shortcuts. Don't limit it to dopamine math. Feel free to post "more efficient" ways of doing things in other areas. Do I want to carry a heavy box in my arms for a distance, or would I rather put the box on a dolly? Would you rather run five miles to the store then carry groceries home, or would you prefer to take the car? Do I want to do things the long way, when a more efficient method is available, provided the end result is the same?.

Makes all the sense in the world to me. I needed to read that post.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
That is funny I take it alot people pissed with the FD.

The thing is, the majority of our members haven't worked elsewhere, nor have they worked any crap jobs prior to entering our dept. They think things are so horrible, but this place is actually better than most. Chack out what I wrote about Charleston County EMS on this thread, for example:

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=13483

# 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.