Anyone working in ca?

JPINFV

Gadfly
I too, do not see the point. However, by progressive, I mean the VC protocols in general for ALS are far superior to LA and OC. Our paramedics can transport STEMI patients from an ER to a cardiac center with multiple drips without having an RN in the back. We also have pages of standing orders and do not have to call base to start pacing and other things like that.

...in other words Ventura County let's paramedics be, I dunno, paramedics? :p

VentMedic

Forum Chief
I know how much you love the OC system :p It is so evident in your posts! Haha

I too, do not see the point. However, by progressive, I mean the VC protocols in general for ALS are far superior to LA and OC. Our paramedics can transport STEMI patients from an ER to a cardiac center with multiple drips without having an RN in the back. We also have pages of standing orders and do not have to call base to start pacing and other things like that.

But can these Paramedics set up or titrate the drips? There are a couple of counties in the Northern part of the state that will also allow them to transport drips but it is a look and don't touch situation. The ED gives whatever sedation meds and sets up the pumps. It is always a dilemma if a ventilator is involved since they only use an ATV. So, a CCT with an RN is usually utilized.