Anyone from Western MA?

HikerEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hi all, I'm Rich. I'm an EMTB Student from Western Mass. I will be finishing school in December and taking my practical in early January.

Just wondering if anyone from this neck of the woods is active here.

Thanks

MRE

Forum Captain
Hi Rich,

Name here is Blake and I live in Windsor, MA. A bit farther towards New York than yourself, but I go to college at WNEC in Springfield.

I took my EMT course over the summer, did the practical exam about a month ago and took the written last week.

From your screen name and myspace, I see that you are into a lot of outdoor activities. I got my Eagle Scout in 02 and I am still active in Boy Scouts so I still do a lot of hiking and camping on the weekends.

Hope your class is going well and welcome to emtlife.

BBFDMedic28

Forum Crew Member
Hi, welcome, and good luck with the rest of your class

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Whoa... people live out there?

Just kidding. Welcome, and good luck with practicals.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Howdy. I live in Cambridge. I highly suggest you contact Becker Training and get your NREMT once you pass the MA exam. If you ever move from MA and want to get your EMT card in a different state the chances are that they will require NREMT and not even care that you have a MA card.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

OP
OP
H

HikerEMT

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for all the replies!

Thanks Bstone, I was definetely planning on getting my National Registry. Hopefully when my girl finishes RN school we'll be moving out west somewhere (bigger mountains :p).
What does Becker training have to do with getting It? do you need a seperate class?

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Becker Training are the folks who run the NREMT exams. Unfortunately, it's done at the NH Fire Academy in Concord, NH. I had to drive 75 miles in the morning before the test and you had to be there at like 7:45 or something. Made for a long day.

http://www.beckertraining.com/

Jay114

Forum Crew Member
Hey there!

While not from western MA, I went to Umass/Amherst and lived for 6 years in Greenfield. I also lived about a year in Shutesbury. I say that to people now and they say "Shrewsbury"?