Anyone ever worked for two ambulance companies?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
At the same time?

How is it?

Starting at place number two on monday. I'm part time at my current place so I need more hours. Can't see many issues beyond a crappy commute. But beyond that as long you don't violate any no-compete clauses it's quite common.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yeah. No big deal. One was a 911 service running 48s, so the rest of the week I worked per diem for a second agency doing CCT.

jkrewko

Forum Crew Member
I work at two different places. I do 911 and ift at both. Both places have their pro's and con's. Both companies are aware and since they are not competitors, everyone is happy. Get that money!!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
yes.... for the past 8 or so years, I have.

FT for two different agencies over the past 8 years (one at a time), and PT for 6 or so agencies at various times over the past 8 years (some sucked more than others, so I didn't stay long)

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Yup....

I worked at two different ambulance companies...I left a full time one (went down to per diem) and then joined another one (due to a signing bonus and it was closer). I thought that due to the shorter commute and sign on bonus that it was a sick deal. I can't personally attest to this but my buddy, who did the same thing, said that "It isn't as exciting as dating two girls at the same time" :rolleyes:

You'll see a lot of the same, maybe some new :censored:. Overall, I was working hard to balancing the two. I did this for about 3 months. Then I left for a contract gig as a firefighter. Which was the best decision I made.

Specifically I think you'll find wisdom in my signature.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
The past 5 years I worked ft for a 911 service and vollied at a combo department. I recently resigned from my ft job and took a casual/ per diem spot. I now work ft in clinics out in the oil fields . On my time off I still volly and pick up 911 shifts.

Like others have said there will be some differences but for he most part It is the same.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
They only issue I see from working in 2 separate LEMSA is protocol differences

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I worked for my current employer in one state and was a part time dispatcher/medic for the county in the adjoining state I lived in.

It wasn't bad. The part time place had more restrictive protocols and was more laid back. Bunch of good old boys with county money to burn.

Neither one cared that I worked for the other.