Any info on Guardian Ambulance in El Monte?

ReddRobo

Forum Ride Along
I got an interview and I'm curious about how the worklife is. Couldn't find many reviews on glassdoor

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Guardian is still around? I thought they folded years ago.

If you’re looking for a decent SoCal medic gig, Lynch isn’t a bad option. They’re about to be the 911 medic provider for Placentia.

CbrMonster

Forum Lieutenant
I’d stay out of private ambo in la co, most especially ift companies you work with garbage equipment and are ran into the ground every shift.

if you are stuck in that area try McCormick or care. But expect lack luster pay. Care I think is 16.xxhr

elshion

Forum Probie
Guardian is still around? I thought they folded years ago.

If you’re looking for a decent SoCal medic gig, Lynch isn’t a bad option. They’re about to be the 911 medic provider for Placentia.

Guardian was it's own company, but was bought out by RSI/Medic One sometime prior to 2016. Near the end of 2016, RSI/Medic 1 was itself bought out by AmbuServe, who then sold Guardian to MedReach, who pumped a lot of funds into Guardian and now it's back up and running.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
In 2011 I was applying to every company in the SFV area for my first EMT job. I stopped by Gaurdian after randomly driving by it. For whatever dumb reason I thought I would take their written test right then and there; I pass but now must do the interview immediately after. I met with the owners daughter, who I believe eventually took over, and she immediately hated me. Her decision to pass on me was made the moment she opened the door and found me in my street clothes. My appearance was clearly unprofessional but I’ll never forget how snarky she was during the entire painful 30 minutes.

It’s a funny story for myself to look back on. Being unprepared while presenting myself to a potential employer was never like me even back then. This was also when hiring freezes we’re still in place and every private around exploited it with how they treated their employees.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
In 2011 I was applying to every company in the SFV area for my first EMT job.

This was also when hiring freezes we’re still in place and every private around exploited it with how they treated their employees.
I remember this. It was a few years after I’d moved from LA. We were so saturated with paramedics from SoCal we had double medic trucks out the wahzoo. Good times.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Guardian was it's own company, but was bought out by RSI/Medic One sometime prior to 2016. Near the end of 2016, RSI/Medic 1 was itself bought out by AmbuServe, who then sold Guardian to MedReach, who pumped a lot of funds into Guardian and now it's back up and running.

if anyone wants to know what SoCal EMS is like, this post sums it up.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
if anyone wants to know what SoCal EMS is like, this post sums it up.
Explains why I always hear "Entrance of the Gladiators" when reading a SoCal EMS thread.