Any Airforce medics or Firefighters?

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
I may be wrong, so please don't quote me. As far as I know, the only people who actually go through a civilian based NREMT-Paramedic program are the PJ's in the AF.

With that said, the PJ's were trained at the same college I wen't to for Paramedic school (easter NM univ). I believe they now get their Paramedic training in ABQ. They go from "zero" to "hero" in 6 months. They cram it down their throats..literally (you'll be required to administer an NG tube on each other, lol).
I'm fairly certain that isn't true any longer. I took a class with a couple of PJ's last year and they were not paramedics; apparently they are now being sent to the "special operations medic" course (the 24 week version not the year long one) instead of being taught as paramedics in New Mexico. Makes sense when you think about it.

ExpatMedic

Forum Probie
I'm fairly certain that isn't true any longer. I took a class with a couple of PJ's last year and they were not paramedics; apparently they are now being sent to the "special operations medic" course (the 24 week version not the year long one) instead of being taught as paramedics in New Mexico. Makes sense when you think about it.

Perhaps that is true. I went to P-school in the beginning of 2008 and they were still going through a civilian (6 month) paramedic program. Perhaps it has changed.

Then again, the AF has shown a lot of trouble in keeping the contracts with the schools they send their PJ's to.