Anxiety/Depression

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I've had panic attacks since I was 9. I've been medicated for them since I was 20, when a doctor actually saw a panic attack and finally started taking my symptoms seriously.

When I first started volunteering with my local fire department, I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle it.

I've found that my panic attacks have been less frequent and less severe since I've joined. I don't know if its because I'm seeing real emergencies or if its because I'm putting my adrenalin to good use, or some other reason.

Carolyn Ross

Forum Probie
I also suffered from excessive anxiety and worry when my everyday life events were so stressful. I used to get worried with no obvious reasons. I always tend to expect a disaster and can't resist worrying about money and my work. Then I attended therapy classes where they involved me in random discussions. This started reducing my stress level. The site http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/what_psychotherapeutic_other_non-drug_approaches_anxiety_disorder_000028_8.htm has important information about self relieving from stress.

Dudley

Forum Ride Along
Hi Shooter,
Some tips for you to reduce depression.
Do start light exercises like yoga and share your problems with your family and pals. Eat a well balanced diet and if you do not eat well take multivitamin regularly. Avoid alcohol, caffeine and other stimulants.

911bru

Forum Probie
I was diagnosed with anxiety while in the army after a combat tour... Go figure...
They prescribed meds. I didn't take them, and over a few years I've been fine... As fine as a man with two daughters , and ex wife and a current wife can be lol...

Rightroad

Forum Probie
a reply i have not seen yet is, (spiritual). It is apart of the well being of an EMT or any human being. If you want to pray by all means pray!