Annual issue: Dogs left in Cars

Ally

Forum Probie
The article is incorrect, dogs do sweat through their pads, albeit not a huge amount of heat is lost that way it is still sweat. But I'm just splitting dog hairs ;)

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
This thread has got me itching to take my center punch out for a joyride.

But seriously I think the lovely state of Massachusetts would take pity on the owner for having a broken window..

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Same as for Korean Air Lines passengers left on the tarmac awaiting takeoff without air conditioning. :blink:

Add fans. Move that air.

My wife and I did that one in Istanbul Turkey. Ya start to get claustro after awhile. Not pleasant. People that leave dogs in hot cars should be beaten.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
This thread has got me itching to take my center punch out for a joyride.

But seriously I think the lovely state of Massachusetts would take pity on the owner for having a broken window..

Use an axe on the front windshield. Moves more air.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wow, that's a first for me. Remote unlock car while it's on and key's in the ignition? Not the best if your spouse or a zombie with your other keys chases you, no?
I guess I buy the wrong type of car? (NO!).;)

Haha.

My Jeep runs without the keys in it. You need the keys to start it still. I wont lie I pull the keys out and lock it while it's idling to keep the A/C or heat running if I'm going into a gas station real quickly. Plus sometimes it decides to play tricks on me and not start, I have an electrical gremlin hiding somewhere.

Key fob still works fine when it's idling like that.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
The article is incorrect, dogs do sweat through their pads, albeit not a huge amount of heat is lost that way it is still sweat. But I'm just splitting dog hairs ;)

I hear dog hairs!:cool: If that's all you can cool, then fine, better than holding a cool cloth on the animal's flank unless it's a hairless.

But when you just hose the dog down, as with people, the enhanced heat absorption by the water (if it is in sufficient quantity , flow rate, and temperature) will cool much more effectively than simply cooling the paws. Sort of like the old deal about putting cool cloths on the axillae, groin and throat of a heatstroke victim; that is ok if it is all you can do, or for some reason you cannot expose the pt in a life threatening situation, but mass cooling fluid will do the job much better,

xrsm002

Forum Captain
Make sure the law is for leaving keys inside while running, remote start systems you take the key out of the ignition, mine had a kill switch on it as well if someone stepped on the brake to put it in gear it killed the engine, I miss it