Android app?

xavieralexander

Forum Probie
I built an android app with common emt-i drugs and a few calculators. what are somethings you wish were in a app that i might be able to add.

Im in the process of adding
cushings and becks triad
ped's vitals
common breathing patterns
basic ekgs

i mainly made it to help myself as well as my classmates study.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I built an android app with common emt-i drugs and a few calculators. what are somethings you wish were in a app that i might be able to add.

Im in the process of adding
cushings and becks triad
ped's vitals
common breathing patterns
basic ekgs

i mainly made it to help myself as well as my classmates study.

Maybe some simple Spanish phrases.

IAems

Forum Crew Member
Emergency Medical Spanish Guide Lite

If you can find it . . .Emergency Medical Spanish Guide Lite is awesome. I've got a Verizon Thunderbolt 4G and my partner has an EVO and we both found it; it's one of the best guides ever. If you touch the phrase it will actually voice the questions for you. It's got generalized and focused assessments all broken down into individual questions. . . really cool app. And its free. Technology is awesome. Really though it's just another excuse not to get myself into a Spanish class already.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I put my protocols on a PDF reader. I review them occassionally in between calls.

bigbaldguy

I'll give it a try. any phrases in particular you have in mind?

I find these are the questions I use the most when doing my assessments.

Pain here? ¿dolor aquí? (place hand on or point to area in question)

Are you pregnant? ¿Está embarazada

Are you diabetic? ¿Es usted un diabético

Did you fall down? ¿Se caen

These are the basic ones that can all be answered with yes (Si) or No (No) answers. If you don't know Spanish then it doesn't do any good to ask them anything that goes beyond a yes or no answer because you won't understand it.

OP
OP
xavieralexander

xavieralexander

Forum Probie
I find these are the questions I use the most when doing my assessments.

Pain here? ¿dolor aquí? (place hand on or point to area in question)

Are you pregnant? ¿Está embarazada

Are you diabetic? ¿Es usted un diabético

Did you fall down? ¿Se caen

These are the basic ones that can all be answered with yes (Si) or No (No) answers. If you don't know Spanish then it doesn't do any good to ask them anything that goes beyond a yes or no answer because you won't understand it.

alright im on it. that is an insanely good idea.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
How about Russian? Ain't no Spanish speaking people out here. But plenty of Russians! Lol

Just kidding....kind of.

Seriously though, I would love to have a peds vitals range on like page two so at 0300 I don't have to dig through the index to find it. ;)

OP
OP
xavieralexander

xavieralexander

Forum Probie
How about Russian? Ain't no Spanish speaking people out here. But plenty of Russians! Lol

Just kidding....kind of.

Seriously though, I would love to have a peds vitals range on like page two so at 0300 I don't have to dig through the index to find it. ;)

they will be easy to find.

This what I came up with so far. Pic quality isn't so good, but is it easy enough to read? its not final so pretty much anything can be changed.Screen shot 2011-06-23 at 7.34.55 PM.jpg

bigbaldguy

OP
OP
xavieralexander

xavieralexander

Forum Probie
update

well the app is complete (for the most part).

decided to devote an entire app to spanish for EMT's rather than try to fit it into one app. Should be out soon.

Its in the Android market HERE

also Im still open to adding more so if you think its missing something let me know

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Just downloaded it, looks good. I work with peds quite a bit, it will definitely help to gloss over that chart to brush up every once in a while

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk