Anatomy Study Software

HelpmeHelpyou

Forum Crew Member
Need to ask you guys, The best way the study the parts and names of the Human Body. CH.4 Of my textbook talks about the Human Body. Any software that's available (i am sure there is) just need to know your methods of study or recommendations. In other words, what helps you know the names and parts? Its telling me that I will need to know these as means of communications, with the Hospital staff. I can't imagine responding with "It hurts here on the PT" (pointing finger) or the reply, "I don't know."

The textbook and emtb.com helps but how deep into this do I need to go right now? I am re-reading some of the more vital chapters in my AAOS textbook.

Any ideas I would love to know, especially from the experienced.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Practice practice practice, and incorperate it into common discussion as much as possible. For example, a patient doesn't fracture their collarbone, it's a clavical. Make flashcards on Powerpoint. If you really want some good practice, pick up the Netters flash cards.

medic417

The Truth Provider

reaper

Working Bum
There is a book called ADAM that has a great CD with it. You can peel away layers of the body, one at a time.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Need to ask you guys, The best way the study the parts and names of the Human Body. CH.4 Of my textbook talks about the Human Body. Any software that's available (i am sure there is) just need to know your methods of study or recommendations. In other words, what helps you know the names and parts? Its telling me that I will need to know these as means of communications, with the Hospital staff. I can't imagine responding with "It hurts here on the PT" (pointing finger) or the reply, "I don't know."

The textbook and emtb.com helps but how deep into this do I need to go right now? I am re-reading some of the more vital chapters in my AAOS textbook.

Any ideas I would love to know, especially from the experienced.

When I took Anatomy & Physiology I and II in nursing school, we would take pictures of every one of the models in the lab along with the microscope slides. We would then proceed to number each part on the front that we had to identify then labeling the numbers on the back of the pic, so it was in essence a flash card. We would get shots of the bones disarticulated as well as articulated, the organs within the body, and on their own. We would make sure to get more than just 1 angle or view of an anatomical part as well. We studied at least 8 hours a day outside of class and most of us went on to make "A's".

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Find out what metho works best for you.

I bought a bunch of flashcards before I realized flashcards didn't work for me.

What did work was having multiple atlases and comparing them. Of course it also helps to take human gross in undergrad and again in medical school, there is no substitute for time in a lab.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I used a program called Practice Anatomy Lab when I took anat/phys. It covers basically every part of all the major systems. You can buy online access or get it on a CD. I would suggest the CD because you can get them cheaper off of ebay and it doesn't expire.

FreezerStL

Forum Crew Member