AMR's written test

Drain Plug

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone taken AMR's pre-employment EMT Basic written test recently?
How does it compare to the NREMT exam?

jedirye

Forum Lieutenant
I just got hired there and was told there was one, but I never took it. It was never mentioned either.
-rye

OP
OP
Drain Plug

Drain Plug

Forum Ride Along
Before I can get an interview I have to take it. They sent a letter and asked me to schedule a test date.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
its like any other m.c. blanket entrance exam. it will be filled with badly worded questions that dont give you enought information to answer the ? it will expect you to pull this information from your anal area. the main point of the test will not be to asses your ems knowledge, thats what teh state certification process is for. the test is more to asses your ability to read and understand teh english language. dont take it too seriously.

RMApok

Forum Probie
When I took the AMR test, I felt like I was back in grade school. Multiple choice answers (only 3), around 75 questions. Basically, if you couldn't pass the test, you shouldn't be anywhere near an ambulance. I think I might have missed 1.

NREMT exam = juggling

AMR Test = recognizing the ball

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
When I took the AMR test, I felt like I was back in grade school. Multiple choice answers (only 3), around 75 questions. Basically, if you couldn't pass the test, you shouldn't be anywhere near an ambulance. I think I might have missed 1.

NREMT exam = juggling

AMR Test = recognizing the ball
Sounds about right.

I had to do a skills station, too... Maintain a BLS airway, do CPR, and demonstrate that I understood the concepts of C-Spine immobilization... Took about 5 minutes.

Jon