Votes: 1 4.3%
  • NO

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
i have a friend that works there, and is fed up with the dispatchers. he is ready to quit because of the fact that they don't give a damn about the crews under them.
Hey... don't you knock them Philly... I mean Mid-Atlantic Region... dispatchers. Everyone loves them!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Hey... don't you knock them Philly... I mean Mid-Atlantic Region... dispatchers. Everyone loves them!
It is a shame I didn't get to see this before... I work for them part time out of Philly. I like it... but I'm not there often, and when I am, I work special events... so I almost never work a regular shift.

I like it... I deployed to Louisana with them after Katrina, and they had their act somewhat in gear, and were able to make due with what they were given by the state/FEMA. They also brought their own command structure along, which was VERY good.

Nationwide, the company is often seen as a good place to work. Yes... there are often issues with individual operations in the news.. but they operate in 40 states and the District of Columbia, and are the largest private EMS provider in the country - so that isn't unexpected.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
The company I worked for just sold out to AMR. I finished the entrance paperwork and other stuff today.

Did they can you guys? I was curious as to why AMR bought out that particular company too.. (I was thinking of applying there when I move to Dallas)

dschambers3

Forum Probie
amr thoughts

No I was not canned. I reapplied for my position etc.. I now am a full amr employee and so far it's not to bad. It has goods and bads. I am mainly tired of the transport service. I need 911 time.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
AMR has definatly had some intersting follys, My University EMS Squad would call them for transports when the pt needed hospital time. They are usually really slow to get there. And one time the drove into our campus the wrong direction over a one way spike strip, Stredded all four of the tires on the ambulance and then crashed it into a curb infront of one of our dorms, a very classy momment for AMR

rollingbones

Forum Probie
Here at the Julie B. Fubar Memorial Retirement Home, we have several residents who once worked for AMR. It's only thru their benefits that these fine medics can now afford to live in such a fine place during their better years. Everynight and twice on Staurday, they all gather in a circle and toaste this fine institution with Prune Juice Shooters. It's a life style and high status they all worked hard to acquire!!!!:):):)