AMR in DC

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Hey all, it's been a while since I said hey... but I am here... :)
I just saw a post today for AMR, hiring in the DC area. I put in for it, so hopefully something will come down the line. :) (I hope too, that I can get the salary I want).

Does anyone here work for AMR? Do they have crazy schedules? Are they reasonable with pay? Do they give overtime?

gatorbait7614

Forum Probie
Well i hope that you get the job. I personally never worked for AMR, but I have heard some really good things about the company. Good luck with your new job

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Well i hope that you get the job. I personally never worked for AMR, but I have heard some really good things about the company. Good luck with your new job

Thanks... I am hoping I get a call.... I am relocating from the mountains here in PA to the big city...
I got my EMT-B cert last year ('05) but I havent' worked as an EMT since because 1) ex husband wouldn't let me; 2) Since then, I divorced my ex; 3) Moved to a different state 4) getting my life back in order...
SOOOO that being said... I probably have forgotten alot of stuff, I am sure.. just not being in the practice of it. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances.

gatorbait7614

Forum Probie
It really sounds like you are doing a good job getting your life back into order. Sorry to hear bout the divorce, but you got a new one right? Give it some time and you will remember everything

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, the divorce freed me up alot... which was nice. I did meet my boyfriend after moving to PA... found out he was a Marine... then he asked me to move in with him... Since then (5 months ago) I have been contemplating starting my EMS career... afraid I forgot it all. NOW, my BF got orders to the Pentagon... and we have to move in the next month and a half to DC. He's asked me to go with him. It's exciting... but stressful. I just want to get into EMS again because I was happiest doing that. Hopefully I can get something that pays decent enough so I can pay my bills and rent... just to get by.

gatorbait7614

Forum Probie
I hope that things go better this time for ya. Like i said sorry i couldnt tell ya anymore about AMR. I wouldnt think that you will have a problem with the money, being in a big city and a private service.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
... afraid I forgot it all. NOW, my BF got orders to the Pentagon... and we have to move in the next month and a half to DC.

AMR isn't going to be the only company in that area. Apply with all of them, even the little local transport companies. :)

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
AMR isn't going to be the only company in that area. Apply with all of them, even the little local transport companies. :)

My worry is forgetting everything I learned. How does one get their certs and a year later still hasn't worked as one?
Plus I am worried about getting the pay I need to support myself...