AMR acquires R/M

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
AMR Team-

I have some very exciting news to share. Today, we announced that we signed a definitive agreement to acquire Rural/Metro.

This acquisition is an exciting opportunity for both sides. AMR’s parent company, Envision Healthcare, has a progressive mobile integrated healthcare strategy that is creating better community health models and will provide expanded opportunities to the employees at both organizations. In order to deliver on this strategy, the practice of paramedics and EMTs is being expanded beyond the traditional role of providing pre-hospital stabilization and transport to acute settings. With that progress, roles of the people who support our clinicians are evolving, too.

The acquisition will need regulatory approval. We estimate that regulatory approvals may be received within 90 days, but could take longer. During that time, it will be business as usual with AMR and Rural/Metro operating as separate companies – including being competitors. When we have appropriate regulatory approval, we will begin working with local leaders, employee groups and community officials to integrate our companies smoothly.

I am sure many of you will have questions so please feel free to send them toAMRPresident@AMR.net. I will compile them and create an FAQ document that will be sent out in a few weeks and commit to communicating with you often throughout the process.

Thank you for all you do every day in your communities – here’s to the future!