AmeriCare Paramedics at Anaheim Stadium

Medic496

Show strength when weak, and humility when strong
I heard that AmeriCare has taken over the contract for Anaheim Stadium. I guess they are going to be able to use thier paramedics for the special event standbys. Has anyone heard any news like this? From what I understand, there are no private paramedics in Orange County. So, is AmeriCare the only private company that is allowed to provide paramedic service in Orange County? I want to get through Paramedic school and am hopeful to work in Orange County afterwards. Does anyone have information about this?

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I doubt they will have paramedics, probably just EMT and an RN/MD at the first aid station.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I doubt they will have paramedics, probably just EMT and an RN/MD at the first aid station.

That's what I'm thinking. I personally would bet that the first aid/clinic contract is separate from the ambulance transport contract and one doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other.

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
There has been talk of moving to allow private standby paramedics in OC. Maybe they're finally moving forward with it? Don't hold you breath, though, even if it is happening eventually...things usually move slower than planned.

EMTme5528

Forum Ride Along
EMT's

I have a friend who works at the stadium and said that the new company running the first aid room was unprepared and lacking in equipment and treatment supplies for basic first aid. If the problem couldn't be fixed with an ice pack, they were just having patients transported to the ED. Also the previous company there provided the staff and patrons with OTC medications by request and had a MD on staff. One of the employees said that if there were a medical emergency they would not feel safe. Hopefully things get better, but it doesn't sound good.