americare ambulance skills pre-employment test.

ThatEMTGuy

Forum Crew Member
Hi guys new member here. don't know if this is a good thread for this forum, but I have an interview with Americare ambulance (california), and I'm going to be tested on my skills. Can anywho who has taken it give me an idea on what to expect? thank you.

I've never tested with AmeriCare, but I would assume they'll be testing you on EMT skills such as medical assessment, trauma assessment, BLS mega code, etc. I would definitely study the NREMT skills sheets.

OP
OP
T

ThatEMTGuy

Forum Crew Member
I've never tested with AmeriCare, but I would assume they'll be testing you on EMT skills such as medical assessment, trauma assessment, BLS mega code, etc. I would definitely study the NREMT skills sheets.
what is BLS mega code? and yes I have been studying my skill sheets thank you.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Your talking about the one based in Carson? It's been about a year since I interviewed with them, but off the top of my head it was airway stuff like NPA/OPAs, BVM, CPR, and a "what are you looking for in a head to toe trauma assessment/physical". Nothing out of left field, all BLS level stuff. (I'm assuming you're applying to an EMT position?) It's probably changed somewhat but probably not a whole lot since I did it. If you passed your class, and review the county skills sheets, you'll be just fine

what is BLS mega code? and yes I have been studying my skill sheets thank you.
BLS mega code is basically BLS airway management, and CPR/AED all rolled into one scenario.

almorajo25

Forum Probie
I was able to land an interview on Monday. What kinds of skills will be tested on and how is the interview portion? Any advice would be very helpful!

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
I was able to land an interview on Monday. What kinds of skills will be tested on and how is the interview portion? Any advice would be very helpful!

I have an interview tomorrow as well. If you get this tonight, what was the skills test and interview process like?