American Ambulance is Hiring, Orlando

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Just wanted to let anybody in Orlando Florida know that American Ambulance is hiring EMT's.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Good to know!
How would I go about applying?
And is an EVOC course required? (CFFA isn't holding another open one for a month)
Thanks.

OP
OP
EMTVeg

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
They do require EVOC but I would apply and interview. They might just hire you as a non driver for the first bit. I would at least call and ask.

OP
OP
EMTVeg

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Call them or walk in for an application.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks alot, man.

Also, does American take regular 911 emergency calls like Rural/Metro does, or is it just tame transport stuff?

It's not far from my house, so I'll just go stroll over there right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
EMTVeg

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
American is mainly a transport company. We do some code 3 transports. Rural Metro doesn't do 911, Orange County and Orlando FD do all the transporting now.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Just went in and filled out an application. So long as I show proof that I'm registered for the EVOC course next month I should be GTG :)

Thanks for the help so far.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Np, u just get ur cert?

I got it like 3 months ago. But I'm just now applying for jobs because I did fire right after and I've been busy gwtting ****ed around by Valencia for entry into medic school.

Pinknikkij

Forum Probie
Thanks, Should I expect testing similar to the NREMT? Would my pay increase with a bachelors degree or is that not considered?

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks, Should I expect testing similar to the NREMT? Would my pay increase with a bachelors degree or is that not considered?

The test was about 20 questions. It wasn't bad at all and was not very formal (you just take it in the lobby).
A pay bump for a degree would be nice, but I doubt they care.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Anyone know what American's reputation is like down there? The newly-minted American New England Division absorbed an older company with a rather poor reputation. I'm curious if its "parent" has a similar reputation or is as innocent as an ambulance company can be.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Anyone know what American's reputation is like down there? The newly-minted American New England Division absorbed an older company with a rather poor reputation. I'm curious if its "parent" has a similar reputation or is as innocent as an ambulance company can be.

Or is it three companies with a rather poor reputation...?