Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Not sure where you're getting those numbers. Maybe the Los Angeles market is different, but MediCare pays us in the neighborhood of $500/transport give or take. MediCal is about $120.

Doesn't invalidate your point, but $40 is far off from $500.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Those are numbers I was told that generally after everything said and done and yes the LA market. The only way I could see them getting anything out of it, is that these crews are showing up paper works is complete and they roll. You are talking 15-20 minutes on scene to where ever they may be going with LA traffic, transfer of the patient how ever long that takes it just doesn't make sense. Also yes $500 when it could be more. But is that after all the cost?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
The other day I worked back to back 12's and ran 14 calls in that 24 hour period. I ran 9 calls in the first 12 hours. Those are 911 ALS calls that take about a hour or so to complete. It's been awhile since I've done BLS IFT but a hour was about my turnaround time (pick up the pt and drop them off) plus add in any additional time for the PCR. I think crews will be burnt out by the 6 month mark if they're constantly running 7 calls per shift. Thats a busy shift regardless if you work 12's or not. I'm assuming that Ambulnz has 12 hour shifts, anything less than that is pure insanity.

Assuming they have contracts with good hospitals. Which they don't. With Bowers, my average wall time was either non-existent or very short (longest we've ever waited was somewhere around 45 min), but in crappy-end hospitals which 99.9% of the non-emergency companies are contracted with, it'll be hours on end. I'm sure the model makers are very curious about seeing how far the crews can push themselves, pursuing that mythical 72k/yr figure, but in reality it's just another carrot. I believe they call it a 'stimulus'. And many a-rookie EMTs will fall for it, which is quite bloody infuriating.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Assuming they have contracts with good hospitals. Which they don't. With Bowers, my average wall time was either non-existent or very short (longest we've ever waited was somewhere around 45 min), but in crappy-end hospitals which 99.9% of the non-emergency companies are contracted with, it'll be hours on end. I'm sure the model makers are very curious about seeing how far the crews can push themselves, pursuing that mythical 72k/yr figure, but in reality it's just another carrot. I believe they call it a 'stimulus'.
LA Community average wait 40 minutes
Hollywood Community Average wait 30 minutes
Brottman ER = 40 minutes Floor=30 minutes
Midway aka Olympia 30 or more

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Those are numbers I was told that generally after everything said and done and yes the LA market. The only way I could see them getting anything out of it, is that these crews are showing up paper works is complete and they roll. You are talking 15-20 minutes on scene to where ever they may be going with LA traffic, transfer of the patient how ever long that takes it just doesn't make sense. Also yes $500 when it could be more. But is that after all the cost?

No I'm not talking after expenses, I'm talking reimbursement. We lose on both MediCare and MediCal

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
No I'm not talking after expenses, I'm talking reimbursement. We lose on both MediCare and MediCal

Yea thats not a heck of a lot.

Qulevrius

LA Community average wait 40 minutes
Hollywood Community Average wait 30 minutes
Brottman ER = 40 minutes Floor=30 minutes
Midway aka Olympia 30 or more

The only time I've waited 40 min in LAComm was when we brought in a pt on a long board. Other than that, the average wall time was never shorter than 3 hours. Their UC has what, 3 beds ?

Same goes for any community hospital. You gotta be lucky something fierce to spend less than 2-3 hours waiting for a bed, unless it's a direct admit.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
The only time I've waited 40 min in LAComm was when we brought in a pt on a long board. Other than that, the average wall time was never shorter than 3 hours. Their UC has what, 3 beds ?

Same goes for any community hospital. You gotta be lucky something fierce to spend less than 2-3 hours waiting for a bed, unless it's a direct admit.
These are minimums lol

Qulevrius

Bottom line is, their business model isn't based on their relentless care for the financial (or physical) well-being of their employees. It is based on acquiring as many of the shoe-box sized BLS companies as possible, to ensure they consolidate the left-overs off of the big ones (PRN, Liberty and such), have crews to cover as much area as possible and keep stuffing their coffins. All hail Ambulnz, the wannabe kings of ****ty medical transportation.

Gavin Burnett

Forum Probie
For those who would love to come find out more about Ambulnz we are having an open house on Sunday, November 6 from 10am-2pm at our Monrovia station:
140 West Chestnut Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016

We are currently hiring EMT's, Paramedics, Experienced Dispatchers Field Supervisors. We are building a dream team of EMT's and Dispatchers and Field Supervisors, the most important people in the industry, who are the best at what they do and focus on providing the best service for our customers.
Ambulnz is a new company, rapidly growing, with fresh and exciting ideas, innovative technology and an emphasis on patient care, customer service and employee work/life balance. Opportunities for high earnings exist for those who are motivated and deliver exceptional patient care and service. If you are a new EMT or an EMT who needs a change to an environment of respect and courtesy, Ambulnz may be for you.

If you would like to learn more about the company come anytime between the hours of 10am and 2pm. On site interviews will be conducted by our management team so bring your resume and all required certifications. Food and refreshments will be available to applicants.

You will need to bring:
EMT's:
Resume (optional)
Driver's License
EMT Card
CPR Card
2011 LA Expanded Scope of Practice certificate
Medical Examiners Card-can be obtained prior to orientation date
Ambulance Drivers License-can be obtained prior to orientation date

Dispatchers/Call Takers:
Current EMD/ETC or EMT card - we can provide training if you do not have EMD or ETC.
CPR Card

140 West Chestnut Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016

Eric EMS

Forum Ride Along
Hello....

We extend the invitation to come to our Monrovia office tomorrow. I will be there to answer questions about "THE MODEL" and for you to see for yourself what the buzz is all about.

See you soon!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Hello....

We extend the invitation to come to our Monrovia office tomorrow. I will be there to answer questions about "THE MODEL" and for you to see for yourself what the buzz is all about.

See you soon!

I'm sure all of us from around the country will be there... [emoji849]

Seems like we've pretty much pieced together the mystery anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
Hello....

See you soon!
tumblr_static_gropey.jpg

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
For those who would love to come find out more about Ambulnz we are having an open house on Sunday, November 6 from 10am-2pm at our Monrovia station:
140 West Chestnut Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016

We are currently hiring EMT's, Paramedics, Experienced Dispatchers Field Supervisors. We are building a dream team of EMT's and Dispatchers and Field Supervisors, the most important people in the industry, who are the best at what they do and focus on providing the best service for our customers.
Ambulnz is a new company, rapidly growing, with fresh and exciting ideas, innovative technology and an emphasis on patient care, customer service and employee work/life balance. Opportunities for high earnings exist for those who are motivated and deliver exceptional patient care and service. If you are a new EMT or an EMT who needs a change to an environment of respect and courtesy, Ambulnz may be for you.

If you would like to learn more about the company come anytime between the hours of 10am and 2pm. On site interviews will be conducted by our management team so bring your resume and all required certifications. Food and refreshments will be available to applicants.

You will need to bring:
EMT's:
Resume (optional)
Driver's License
EMT Card
CPR Card
2011 LA Expanded Scope of Practice certificate
Medical Examiners Card-can be obtained prior to orientation date
Ambulance Drivers License-can be obtained prior to orientation date

Dispatchers/Call Takers:
Current EMD/ETC or EMT card - we can provide training if you do not have EMD or ETC.
CPR Card

140 West Chestnut Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016
water.jpg

Refreshments only $1.50 each

Lalaleche

Forum Ride Along
Don't know if it's still relevant but here you go

Attachments

• Snapchat-3740972284197968173.jpg
    Snapchat-3740972284197968173.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 2,404
  • Snapchat-3523641691416419184.jpg
    Snapchat-3523641691416419184.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 464
  • Snapchat-5818122074967560980.jpg
    Snapchat-5818122074967560980.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 337

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This thread has been going for months and maybe I'm just not clued in to this, but why do you guys care so much? If you don't like the trucks, or the color, or the name or the pay structure, why don't you just move on?

It's another transport service in a place crammed full of transport services. Really, who cares?

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
This thread has been going for months and maybe I'm just not clued in to this, but why do you guys care so much? If you don't like the trucks, or the color, or the name or the pay structure, why don't you just move on?

It's another transport service in a place crammed full of transport services. Really, who cares?

I think it's because in a land where EMTs get paid minimum wage when it costs $1500/month for a one bedroom apartment, a company that comes along and says that they'll pay you 3-4x what you make now for the same work will stir the pot. Just read through the whole thread and I think we've beaten this dead horse enough. Fact of the matter is, until we see these EMTs actually make $60-70k/year, it's just blowing smoke. Plus, I think we can all agree their company name is weird and their ambulances look weird, lol. I think us SoCal EMTs will continue to talk about it though since it's the most interesting thing to happen to SoCal EMS in a while (if that says anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.