Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Horrible taste of real EMTing and being in the field. :(
This doesn't sound like "real EMTing and being in the field." Rest assured, there are far better options out there. Money generally does not feed the sense of self fulfillment many providers seek with this job, whether they realize it or not.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
[QUOTE="ImVenom, post: 619512, member: 30232"Horrible taste of real EMTing and being in the field. :(
This doesn't sound like "real EMTing and being in the field." Rest assured, there are far better options out there. Money generally does not feed the sense of self fulfillment many providers seek with this job, whether they realize it or not.[/QUOTE]
Well in LA city dialysis is all that is known about EMS lol. Maybe these folks need to take a look at this list for LA county if they want a smudge of "real" ems. This is as close as you may know vs moving out of the area to better systems.
1)AMR
2)CARE
3)Mccormick
4)Schaefer

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
So Ive been here about two weeks this Friday. Place is horrible. Moral is so low. Money is ok but they lie to us about the amount we're supposed to make. Dispatch is having a high turnover ratio right now. Other EMTS are getting ran into the ground testing the 8 calls in 12 hours NOT KNOWING THEIR NOT GETTING PAID per CALL yet!! Still no uniforms, Management stinks. From the Ops supervisors to the dispatch Supervisor. They all BLOW. This place uses and ABUSES its employees and yes, I agree, they care more about the stupid app than patient care. this UBER style Ambulnz transporting. I put my two weeks in this morning. Horrible taste of real EMTing and being in the field. :(
And so it begins...

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
So Ive been here about two weeks this Friday. Place is horrible. Moral is so low. Money is ok but they lie to us about the amount we're supposed to make. Dispatch is having a high turnover ratio right now. Other EMTS are getting ran into the ground testing the 8 calls in 12 hours NOT KNOWING THEIR NOT GETTING PAID per CALL yet!! Still no uniforms, Management stinks. From the Ops supervisors to the dispatch Supervisor. They all BLOW. This place uses and ABUSES its employees and yes, I agree, they care more about the stupid app than patient care. this UBER style Ambulnz transporting. I put my two weeks in this morning. Horrible taste of real EMTing and being in the field. :(
Welcome to LA?..... all your dialysis companys are just like that. NOTHING has changed all these companies got was a new backing investor and a few changes of hands to back the feds off for a while. You can paint a pinto a new color but its still a pinto.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
This doesn't sound like "real EMTing and being in the field." Rest assured, there are far better options out there. Money generally does not feed the sense of self fulfillment many providers seek with this job, whether they realize it or not.
Well in LA city dialysis is all that is known about EMS lol. Maybe these folks need to take a look at this list for LA county if they want a smudge of "real" ems. This is as close as you may know vs moving out of the area to better systems.
1)AMR
2)CARE
3)Mccormick
4)Schaefer

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Yes, definitely remarkable how after decades upon decades, you could still watch an episode of "Emergency!", see "Mayfair" ambulance scoop them, and their patient up, and know much still hasn't changed there either.

As an EMT in that "911" system, I did get to do a lot of hands on stuff that sharpened my tech skills which still I like to implement til this day; after all, I'm still a tech. That being said, this came after having to earn their trust and respect, being called into our supes office a time, or three, and even being "kicked out" of two of "their cities" (even our Ops. Manager laughed that one off).

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
1)AMR
2)CARE
3)Mccormick
4)Schaefer

Yes, definitely remarkable how after decades upon decades, you could still watch an episode of "Emergency!", see "Mayfair" ambulance scoop them, and their patient up, and know much still hasn't changed there either.

As an EMT in that "911" system, I did get to do a lot of hands on stuff that sharpened my tech skills which still I like to implement til this day; after all, I'm still a tech. That being said, this came after having to earn their trust and respect, being called into our supes office a time, or three, and even being "kicked out" of two of "their cities" (even our Ops. Manager laughed that one off).[/QUOTE]
Oh exactly! Great place to get your feet wet but in LA county majority of the time you are nothing more than a glorified fire mans servant. Case in point a private als service can not respond to an emergency unless dual medic and can only respond with permission from the covering agency (fire) everything is set in place to ensure fire gets the contact and the cash. Real systems RC,SBC,VC,Kern which are all surrounding of the LA fire empire are successful doing the opposite of LA's system as you know. Now with OC swinging that way, OCFA is feeling the pressure. You have the IAFF and the Nurses unions clenching their teeth, kicking and screaming. In LA, the ambulance owners association sees that it stay fit the way it is to ensure a high profit, low pay for little skill by keeping a high turn over rate. All while holding meetings behind closed doors. Glad I left LA.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm not here to knock anyone's business model, but the more things change, the more they stay the same, or so it seems back home.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not here to knock anyone's business model, but the more things change, the more they stay the same, or so it seems back home.
Well look how long it took for emts in LA to officially get to use pulse ox! The board last year was presented with emts being allowed to do sugars that was canned fast because they compared it to OC on how many emts actually use it which was very low and again I wonder why? Well OCFA runs the show while the care bears stand around waiting to lift and push. So ocfa takes the sugar where as the emts might as well be wearing black little caps. For heavens sake your not allowed to pace in LA county as a private medic unless you pay the county annually and have a seperate certification! Was that not covered in Paramedic school!?! LOL.
Not to talk down on LA fireman because their are a few good ones but the LA model is completely KISS. keep it simple stupid. Reason being as alot of people cant chew gum and walk case in point being a emt or paramedic and fighting fire. Dedicating 29 days to skills for fire fighting and one day consisting of 4 hours to ems.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Lol, yes, I recall the name. That escalated...QUICKLY.:oops:

CALEMT

It's too bad, that thread was a goldmine of info for So Cal before that whole fiasco happened.

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
This whole thread sounds like the same story we keep hearing repeated again and again.

What is sad about most of these type of companies, is that they get young, energetic, excited EMTs and manage to create burnout in them within a period of weeks. The fact they are run into the ground with 100% non emergency calls makes them feel like an overworked taxi driver. Consequently, skills degrade, attitudes worsen, and work ethic goes out the window. EMS becomes a menial job to them and they begin to hate it. I truly hope that some of these young SoCal EMTs heed the warnings that are repeated in literally every thread of this type and go to the surrounding areas for employment.

So to all the new EMTs out there, especially those in SoCal. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not stay in LA! Please, for your own sanity, go to the surrounding area. Kern, Tulare, San Bernardino, or Riverside counties. Every new company that pops up promises something new, exciting, and different......and they NEVER deliver. They are one and the same in the end. Do not work the long hours for low pay to come home utterly exhausted to your tiny apartment in a mediocre part of town that you can barely pay for only to wake up and do it all again tomorrow with no hope of career advancement other than the hope of that elusive fire job that you compete with 2,000 other EMTs at similar companies for. Leave the area and work where you run emergency calls, are far more respected, and a valuable member of a team. It is much cheaper to live in those areas too (especially Kern and Tulare) so your standard of living will be higher. Also it will look better if you do try and go the fire route if you work for a first in 911 provider than a non emergency BLS company, but many people here stay in EMS for a long time because it can be a career here other than a stepping stone alone.

CALEMT

Kern, Tulare, San Bernardino, or Riverside counties.

For those new EMTs that actually listen to what myself and the other California member says. Riverside County AMR is the sole 911 provider. San Bernardino Co. AMR and SBDCoFD AO are what I would recommend. Kern Co. Hall ambulance, look it up by far the best private ambulance company in CA.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
To sum it all up: LACo is where bad EMTs go when they die.
Lol, I wouldn't go so far as to say that. A very good friend of mine was one my first BLS partners, and I learned so much from him in regards to skills,patient care, demeanor, and bed-side manner. I also knew plenty of "lifers" who are still EMT's there; good ones at that.

Everyone has their opinions though and I get that;), but for me it still holds a piece of me, and was where I began my EMS career. I can't hate on all of it, I laugh at most of it, sure, but perhaps some just aren't afforded the luxury of relocation, however, if they are offered the chance to relocate by all means, do it.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Same. And I'm still there and still alive. But am also pretty sure that places like Country Villa North, LAComm, Mission Comm etc are haunted by the restless ghosts of horrible EMTs who came to work hungover or stoned, ran full speed over bumps w/ a pt on board, blasted gangsta rap in the back of the rig w/ a 5150 etc.

And in my personal, not-so-humble opinion, these ghosts fully deserve to spend eternity in LACo 'EMS'.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Same. And I'm still there and still alive. But am also pretty sure that places like Country Villa North, LAComm, Mission Comm etc are haunted by the restless ghosts of horrible EMTs who came to work hungover or stoned, ran full speed over bumps w/ a pt on board, blasted gangsta rap in the back of the rig w/ a 5150 etc.

And in my personal, not-so-humble opinion, these ghosts fully deserve to spend eternity in LACo 'EMS'.
Fair enough, so long as you're fully aware that those type of people (not just EMT's) are EVERYWHERE...and I do mean EVERYWHERE.

Ambulnz

Forum Ride Along
We are always eager to hear from employees and anyone else interested in what we are doing at Ambulnz. We have an Open Door policy under which employees can talk with any manager they wish about any concerns, questions or feedback. We’d like to speak with you directly to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us -- you know where to find us!

In the meantime, since we have had competitors pose as employees in the past to post inaccurate information about us online, we simply want to set the record straight about some inaccuracies in this thread.

We appreciate that any new approach can be challenging to understand or accept, and that misinformation often creeps into those conversations. The new model we are rolling out at Ambulnz is no exception, especially as we undergo a transition across multiple stations.

It is true that not all EMTs at Ambulnz are currently eligible to work under our new model. Instead, we are selectively graduating groups of EMTs after they receive the appropriate orientation training, including all the information they need to understand how the system works.

Those EMTs have full knowledge about how they are compensated and understand the benefits of our fresh approach. As the model is further tested, proven and expanded, more EMTs will have the same opportunity.

As we continue the transition -- including implementing our innovative new service model and continuing to upgrade rigs, uniforms and stations across the system -- I hope you and others will see -- and comment on -- the positive impact we are making and will continue to make together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.