Ambulance worker accused of sexual battery on patient

Epi-do

I see dead people
And people wonder why we get no respect. With stories like this in the news, there is no wonder people don't respect or trust us...

Ambulance worker accused of sexual battery on patient

Putnam County - Police in Putnam County are looking for an EMT worker who is accused of touching a patient inappropriately.

A warrant was issued for the arrest of Jason Jordan, 27. Jordan, who lives in Terre Haute, faces one count each of sexual battery and theft.

Police say on July 12th, Jordan was in the back of an ambulance with a 26-year-old female patient. She was being transported from St. Vincent Clay Hospital in Brazil, Indiana to St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.

Rest of story HERE.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd give him the BOTD if it didn't look like he had run. Could have just been him putting on a 12 lead or doing a full assessment, but since he ran....

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
Bad link

OP
OP
Epi-do

Epi-do

I see dead people
I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt as well, but when you disappear, it sure doesn't help with the appearance of innocence, does it? As always, I am sure there is more to the story than is being reported, but at the same time, it doesn't do much for the image of EMS.

Not sure why the link isn't working for you, alpha. It works for me when I click on it. I even checked it to make sure it was good before actually posting it.

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
Not sure why the link isn't working for you, alpha.

I was using my Nokia... loads fine on my laptop :p

Stories like this are precisely why I like to have a female (preferably partner) present during any in depth physical examination / procedure on a woman. Whether this guy got burned or not, is yet to be determined... but it is downright scary, the ease with which someone could wrongly / mistakenly accuse someone of something like this.

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
I'd give him the BOTD if he didn't run... by why did she wait for so long before reporting it?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I know that the pts condition is generally not reported, but here is the confusion I have. How was he able to get her cell phone from her and use it without her raising hell? If she was alert and oriented enough to know he had her cell phone, why didn't she say something? If she wasn't alert and oriented enough to know, doesn't that undermine the validity of the rest of what she is saying?

Anyway, 10ish days isn't that long to wait. She may have spent time contacting a lawyer, and then filed charges. After that the police have to spend a few days looking for the guy before determining they can't find him, and then the prosecutor decides to issue a warrant for his arrest.

The only thing I think is strange about him leaving the area, is did he live before he knew there were charges? Running looks bad for sure, but I really hope they made sure they didn't leave for a funeral or something totally unrelated.

Keith4Life

Forum Ride Along
I was thinking basically the same thing as Aidey, How do they know he didn't go out of town for vacation/Funeral/Reunion/Etc.

I guess we'll see what happens though

Things like this worry me though, How often does this type of thing occur? I'm looking for my first job in EMS(passed registry Yesterday).
:blink:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
How often does it occur? How often is it reported? How often are reports truthful? How often are actual assaults not reported? There are a lot of variables.

I would greatly hope that the police investigated the possibility he went out of town for a completely unrelated reason, especially considering his wife is also gone. The problem is that if they are attending a funeral of the wife's college roommates ex boy-friend's child* the connection may not be obvious.

* Basically, it would be easy to find out if the guys mother died, but if they are off at a funeral for someone with a less direct connection, the police may not have found it.