ambulance squad accused of partying with prostitutes

Phlipper

Forum Lieutenant
Medic wonders that to and just how professional some of the other posters on this topic are.

Lighten up Francis. It's the internet. No one here seriously believes what they did was anything other than horrifyingly stupid.

You must be a real blast to work with. :rolleyes:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Lighten up Francis. It's the internet. No one here seriously believes what they did was anything other than horrifyingly stupid.

You must be a real blast to work with. :rolleyes:

Hey don't post my real name on here. :wacko:

This is an open site read by the public. So yeah the internet, think about how your post portrays my profession to the general public.

Phlipper

Forum Lieutenant

This is an open site read by the public. So yeah the internet, think about how your post portrays my profession to the general public.

LOL. (Francis)

Anyone smart/bored enough to be interested in what a bunch of EMS weenies like us have to yabber about is likely going to get the humor. I'd be more worried about the guy who was laughing at the attempted suicide-by-Tylenol.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

I hardly think the general public gets their opinions of any profession from forums like these. I have been on forums for MDs, RNs and PAs. They don't necessarily portray what the profession is like.

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member
I hardly think the general public gets their opinions of any profession from forums like these. I have been on forums for MDs, RNs and PAs. They don't necessarily portray what the profession is like.

I know, this is the first time I've heard about partying with hookers in EMS and I'm upset. Well upset I didn't know about this earlier

I think if the public was able to listen into the post call ride back then 99-100% of us would be sued and out of a job.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Brown is suspicious of how professional any group calling themselves a "first aid squad" are ....
Many/most of these organization's names were chosen in the 60's (or earlier) when all you needed was advanced first aid to be on an ambulance.

So while the educational requirements have increased, as have the what prehospital providers can do, the agencies haven't changed the names that have existed on their charters.

It's like EMS in Atlantic City NJ, it's run by Exceptional Medical Transportation. even though they have "Transportation" in their name, they still do 911 EMS just like any other busy urban environmental.

Some have changed their names from First Aid Squad or Rescue Squad to Emergency Medical Services, but many organizations are hesitant to change their identity that they have had for the past 40+ years.