Ambulance Drivers Certificate?

EMTSic

Forum Probie
I live in Orange County, CA. Im 19 years old and i just recently passed my NREMT. I'm beginning to look at many of the local Ambulance Companies and all of them are asking for the "Ambulance Drivers Certificate."

What is this and where do i get it?

OP
OP
E

EMTSic

Forum Probie
Does the 5 dollar handbook have everything you need to study?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
the test is i believe 30 questions and you can only miss a max of 4 i believe.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
hi, I am new here. Is there a search button, and if so do I actually have to use it?

John E

Forum Captain
yes...

and no.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
You are very unlikely to be hired as Driver until you're 21 due to insurance reasons.

JPINFV

Gadfly
You are very unlikely to be hired as Driver until you're 21 due to insurance reasons.

However, would you agree that it looks better if the applicant can walk in and hand you a copy of all of the certs and cards required right off the bat instead of having to request copies?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
However, would you agree that it looks better if the applicant can walk in and hand you a copy of all of the certs and cards required right off the bat instead of having to request copies?

No question about it that it will look better. I should have been more clear that I still suggest he get all of the certification. Just wanted him to know he is very unlikely to be doing driving till he is 21.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
i have really only found one company that will let under 21 years drive and thats AMR