Ambo officer accused of sexual assault found guilty on all charges

OP
OP
enjoynz

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Just a small update on this article..The NZ police are seeking more female victims of this ambulance officer (medic), that may not have come forward yet, to do so!
A sad day for all EMS workers, no matter what country your work in....There is enough bad press out there already without guys like this making it even harder
for those that work in the back of a rig/bus/ambulance!

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I am deeply, deeply offended and sickened by the actions of this thing, I don't even have the decency to call him a person as he sure hasn't displayed any. Every time any of us goes to work and deals with the long, hard slog being on the road it is done because at heart the well-being of the patient is held dear. It is a significant privilege to be able to enter the life of somebody when they need it most and use our knowledge, skill and compassion to help them: Knowledge and skill that have been hard fought for and won out in battle against the other, more enjoyable things that could have been done at the time, including leisure, spending holidays, nights and weekends with family or having time to yourself like a normal person rather than working. These actions are an absolute insult, an unthinkable and unimaginable insult to all that is done each and every day to maintain the professionalism and high level of patient care that is provided. How often have we all been put in a situation where we could, by virtue of position, take some advantage from it that is not otherwise available? It might only be as simple as a free coffee or whatever but it is being offered because of the green uniform and it's not something they would offer the person behind so it is declined. How often is there opportunity to misuse the position of trust and authority for personal benefit if such was desired? I can think of numerous times. But it is not taken. It is not done because it is wrong. It is not donw becauswe we ourselves have higher moral standards and know bloody better.

This makes me so god damn angry, really, angry.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I hasten to add that Peter Bradley has tremendously supportive words,

"You will be aware that yesterday, ex AO from Waipukurau, Christopher King, was found guilty on all indecent assault charges against ambulance patients. We are very pleased that justice was served and Christopher King will serve time for his crimes. We are appalled by his actions; they are completely unacceptable and our thoughts are with his victims and their families. Christopher King is one individual and not representative of our organisation. His crimes are offensive to ambulance officers nationwide who are out there every day serving their communities and saving lives, with the support of the wider St John"