Am I bad at lifting or just need practice?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We just use a stairchair...

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
CHeater

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I just thank God for the power lift cots. They're expensive, but the money they save a company in back injury claims is absolutely worth it.

Only down side is it adds a significant amount of weight to the gurney, so hauling it up or down stairs bites.

Anything more than a few steps gets a stairchair!

And always go palms up. Harder to drop or slip from your hands as well.

mycrofft

You also engage the big strong biceps more efficiently.

ambo000

Forum Ride Along
I've found manual handling ability typically comes with practice. While strength obviously does help, development of technique is the key.

This technique isn't necessarily universal either. With time you will discover your own unique methods of lifting that work for you and suit your physical build and limitations.

I've seen smaller built women lifting just as effectively as tall bulky men.

Keep at it and all the best !!

mycrofft

I've found manual handling ability typically comes with practice. While strength obviously does help, development of technique is the key.

This technique isn't necessarily universal either. With time you will discover your own unique methods of lifting that work for you and suit your physical build and limitations.

I've seen smaller built women lifting just as effectively as tall bulky men.

Keep at it and all the best !!

True that. MUCH is technique.

A sidebar: as one gets older, or otherwise out off shape, those techniques can help you lift something you shouldn't have and get really hurt. Take it from me.