Air Ambulance Bill.....

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/5800...stroke-care-medevac-transports-130382988.html

“I had a strange feeling come over my body like a little stroke of electricity,” he said.
He was having a stroke.
Weeks later, when he got the bill for the air ambulance that flew him from Piedmont Medical Center in Rock Hill to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston for treatment, he says he thought he was going to have another stroke.
The total: $58,477.

I'm not the type of person that bashes on HEMS unless it's used inappropriately, but this is downright ridiculous.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

akjim99

Forum Ride Along
Hems

I worked for a ground service in Texas, I won't say which. They had an associated air branch, for which we lovingly said we'd call them "when speed counts and skills don't." I've flown for years, and the costs are very often exorbitant, but $58K sounds seriously excessive. I'd love to see an explanation. Certainly a good example for getting an air medical "membership" if one is available in one's area.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
... Certainly a good example for getting an air medical "membership" if one is available in one's area.

Only 79 dollars a year in my area.