AHA ACLS Online

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
My ACLS expires at the end of the month. I need to take it, but would prefer not to miss a day of work to take it. I found the AHAs ACLS course has an online component where you do the class stuff online, and get checked off by a training center for the skills.

Already checked and my employer said that if I bring the certificate, they'll get me squared away on the skills through our clinical department.

Anyone take the online portion? How was it? Did it really take 10 hours to do?

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Your clinical departmenft can teach ACLS? Then why dont they do a class for you and whoever else needs it?

In order to get signed off on the skills portion, they have to be ACLS instructors certified to do the skills portion after somebody has done the online portion. Unless something changed recently that is the only way to get signed off

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Your clinical departmenft can teach ACLS? Then why dont they do a class for you and whoever else needs it?

They can and do, and have regularly scheduled card classes for employees in ACLS/PALS/GEMS/etc etc, however the next ACLS is in 3 weeks, and ALL the classes prior to this were conflicting with my work schedule so I rather had not taken the day off.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Gotcha. 6 to 7 hour from the people i know who have done it here in NorCal