Aerospace medical apprentice

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah i was gonna mention navy IDCs are just about the same as IDMTs... glad to see you know this... I still believe PJs are the best of the best... I have met, talked, and worked with PJs, and they know their Shiit!! When i went to OEMS, we did a pig lab and the PJs outperformed everybody including the two Air Force IDMTs that attended the class as well. they are just very good at a lot of stuff... knowledge, skill, physical endurance, weapons fundamentals, all around they are exceptional group of commandos. I guess i wouldn't say they are better or worse than some of the other SPFs (SEALs, 18D) because they all do very different things.

arsenicbassist

Forum Crew Member
yeah yeah

Oh yeah, ya get a few of em going and they can do alot of damage. We get some IDMT's who lack the Paramedic training and are a little underexposed to good trauma skills (spending too much time in flight medicine and not enough time practicing). IDC's are some good cats too. I've only had one that I couldn't stand, but hey, you have that from time to time. OEMS is a gem of an oppurtunity. You should check out some SERE IDMT stuff. Those guys got some pretty amazing saves...

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
as in SERE you mean survival, evasion, resistance, escape school correct? I didn't go through the school but my unit went through portions of the school during pre deployment training in bridgeport, CA... and your right every service, branch, unit, has those guys that are just pieces of shiit...

arsenicbassist

Forum Crew Member
that is correct. the idmt's up there perform the SAR mission for much of the PNW and get some pretty good stuff. i'm looking to try to go up there soon. and yeah, pieces of :censored::censored::censored::censored: linger everywhere. the best thing is to just ignore them.

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
haha.... so do you wanna go to SERE school in bridgeport? my advice is dont go in the winter... you will have a hell of a time... i went in the summer and it, still snowed on us... actually there wasn't a day that it poor something on us... snow, rain, hail, sleet etc... ahhh... say hello to Ssgt Hutton for me. what a character... if you go to bridgeport, you will probably deal with alot of AMS type sicknesses including HAPE, and HACE... we had to evac to guys from my unit who suffered from AMS on the mountain. its hard to sleep too, headache all night, and you dont breathe right...

StreetPharmacist

Forum Crew Member
Theres a show that comes on natgeo, called PJs or something and shows what they go thru on a daily basis from the start of them joining the program to graduation. They are the real deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
yup!.................