AEMT class has been postponed until further notice

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
On Friday I received an email from the lead instructor at my school notifying me that due to OEMS my AEMT class has been postponed. My class is held every Saturday.
I am in week 3 of an 8 wk hybrid course, and hold a MA EMT B cert as well as NREMT B.
I suppose I'm looking for advice on weather I should holdout and wait for the school to get things moving again w the bridge program, or possibly look into a Medic program
in Alabama (from what I understand I can't go into a Medic program here in GA unless I hold and AEMT cert.)
Thank you all very much.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
South Carolina is an option if you live close enough

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Get your money back. If it was on a credit card, call and then write to them if necessary, you can often recoup your money when the material purchased with their card is not forthcoming.

FInd another school.

OP
OP
ARose

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Get your money back. If it was on a credit card, call and then write to them if necessary, you can often recoup your money when the material purchased with their card is not forthcoming.

FInd another school.

That was my first reaction. I politely demanded a reimbursement on my tuition when I received the email. I received a response informing me that there would be a meeting w State Officials this week. I plan on calling on Weds to see what's going on, if I feel that class will be resuming in an unacceptable time frame, then I will stet taking steps to get my money back.
Or am I being an idiot by giving the school a second chance?
To the best of my knowledge, this school is the only one in the state that is offering the bridge program. Without the AEMT cert, I can't advance to Medic.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
ditch the school and the state.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Maybe base legal services can help you if you need to sue.

OP
OP
ARose

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Maybe base legal services can help you if you need to sue.

Already on it :) I'm heading to Post later today to talk to a couple FF's/Medics there to discuss schools and I am going to talk to Legal in the off chance I have to peruse that route. I don't think I'll have to, but it's better to be informed.

OP
OP
ARose

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks all for your advice- I'm enrolling in a class at a local community college. The class starts this Aug, meets 2 nights a week. I'm going to work on getting my tuition back while I'm waiting.
I'm sending out the forms for my GA and AL Basic tickets today. While I doubt I'll get any type of employment like I did back home, it's better than nothing at the moment.
Thanks again!