Accepted to RN bridge!

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Ramping up for next semester, tuition due tomorrow and class starts next week. I have two 7 week blocks of peds then psych, and my last pharm class runs through the whole semester..

If you get the chance do your peds clinicals in a high acuity PICU, NICU, or Peds ED. There is a big difference between taking care of kids who are mildly sick and can't be at home versus those who are actually critically ill and you make a substantial difference for. In my opinion if people want to do peds to just play with the kids, they should have done child life.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
OP
F

FiremanMike

EMS Coordinator
If you get the chance do your peds clinicals in a high acuity PICU, NICU, or Peds ED. There is a big difference between taking care of kids who are mildly sick and can't be at home versus those who are actually critically ill and you make a substantial difference for. In my opinion if people want to do peds to just play with the kids, they should have done child life.
Sadly, it's covid time..

I only get three clinical shifts, weeks 5-7, and we have little control over where we're going.. :/

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Sadly, it's covid time..

I only get three clinical shifts, weeks 5-7, and we have little control over where we're going.. :/
As did I when I was doing clinicals. At least our destination was a peds center and they do have a PICU and NICU and a Peds ED. Placement for our rotation there wasn't up to us. We were told where to go and when to be there...