About ready for the NREMT-P CBT and practical

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
This has been a long time coming. Finished my ambulance clinical hours yesterday and now preparing for the testing phase.

To say the least, I am pretty nervous about the CBT aspect. I have heard many different viewpoints on the exam from it was pretty easy to the people who have taken it multiple times. I did well in class and beleive I have a decent grasp on most of the topics. But, I dont beleive I know everything, but yet you need to know everything in order to pass the exam since you don't know what questions you will get.

I have looked online and tried to find practice tests but have found very few that are paramedic level. There is an endless supply for Basic though:excl::excl:
The practical is Aug 20th and that one I am not too worried about.

So, please wish me luck :)

RealMedic

Forum Probie
Nremt-p cbt

Good luck on the test. Don't sweat it. Pearson Vue has a site where you pay for access to some decent practice tests. It will give you an idea of format and some good review. I've taken the test twice for re-cert in two different states. It took me longer to process then it did to actually take the test.
Just review triage, airway, peds, ob, medical review of asthma, CHF, DM, and the head trauma type questions etc. The test is random but very basic and based on how you answer. Both times my test cut off at about 70 + questions. Anyway, best of luck you will do well.
Later RM

OP
OP
E

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
Tomorrow morning at 0800 I am taking the CBT. Yep, I am pretty nervous right now, but I plan on walking in there tomorrow with a clear head and give it my best and see who comes out on top. Tomorrow afternoon will bring tears of joy or a bottle to dull the pain :p

OP
OP
E

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
Took the exam this morning and left there feeling sick to my stomach. Easily the toughest test I have ever taken. I am pretty sure I will be taking this again. Test shut off at 79 questions. I held a 3.8 GPA in the program so I know I am not an idiot. But, this test makes you feel like you have no clue. I had questions that I had absolutely no clue on what was the right answer, heck I couldn't even pick out the 2 wrong answers to narrow it down. I do remember a couple questions that I picked the wrong answer after getting home and looking up the topic.
Now I am in the waiting game with getting the dreaded answer to what I know is coming. This is going to be a long day :sad: