A tremendous weight off my shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I agree with you.

Although, a background check on an anonymous poster on a forum with a sea of posts?

One can say what they need to say while maintaining anonymity if they choose their words carefully.
It does help if your screen name is not readily connected to you, such as similar to your email address.

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
It's not only the employer that gets to lug around that baggage, but the employee too. Would you hire a prospective employee that was willing to air dirty laundry on social media?

I would not be hazarding my employees and then try to cover it up by muzzling the employees when they rightfully complain about their lack of safety in the Work place. Uh, time to call OSHA and file a complaint, may as well call your State's DOH while your at it and let them know what is going on.

If you are not posting under your real name, as I suggested, how would the next employer know this ? If they contact your prior employer, who fired you and they give you a negative review, talk next employer out of hiring you, I would love that. That you can sue for, you are damaged. Thats Slander if said by phone, even better Libel if they put it in writing, which the Prospective employer will be only to happy to turn over during Discovery for the litigation that will follow against their competitor.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Can’t file for unemployment if you got fired or quit
you can't file for unemployment if you voluntarily quit; you absolutely can file if you are terminated. your employer can fight it, but you absolutely can claim unemployment if you get fired.

the one time I was fired and filed for unemployment, my employer contested it. and promptly skipped both hearings over the phone. the unemployment person found in my favor, and I was awarded employment both times, and my employer was not able to further contest my unemployment.

Achilles

Forum Moron
you can't file for unemployment if you voluntarily quit; you absolutely can file if you are terminated. your employer can fight it, but you absolutely can claim unemployment if you get fired.

the one time I was fired and filed for unemployment, my employer contested it. and promptly skipped both hearings over the phone. the unemployment person found in my favor, and I was awarded employment both times, and my employer was not able to further contest my unemployment.
Dependent on state.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
As a reminder, we don't do legal advice here. I'm going to removed the posts that contain nothing relevant to the thread, there are different forums for amateur lawyers.

DrParasite

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
As a reminder, we don't do legal advice here. I'm going to removed the posts that contain nothing relevant to the thread, there are different forums for amateur lawyers.

still a lot of amateur attorney stuff in this thread. Especially the 1st amendment stuff.

Achilles

Forum Moron
According to that link, that's not true. you can be denied if you are fired for misconduct, but there is a very narrow definition of misconduct. I doubt many situations would meet the Michigan definition for misconduct.
K

DrParasite

Yes agreed, lots of trolling and violations of house rules going on in this thread too
yes, with the majority of the violations being committed by you.

At least you can identify your violations and your trolling... maybe?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
lock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.