A story of Brothers

jalbanese

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys...i wrote somethin down the other night I guess I was in just of one of those motivational kind of moods. I thought i Might share it with ya and see what u guys think.

---------------

Whether it be cutting a person out of a wrecked car, to running inside a burning building...It doesn't make someone a hero.

But running into something and knowing it will decide your final minutes ...and still making that choice to keep going; to not turn around - just so you can make a difference, is what brings a hero out in a person.

I learned of 343 of these people in a single day 5 years ago. Ironically the date 9/11 corresponds with the first thing you think of when you need them the most.

The days before, and the days following, more and more of my brothers have fallen. They are just as much of a hero to me as the day when america lost its most.

The faces of these men and women are what motivates me to do my job to this day, in honor of what they've sacraficed.

The Fire will be put out and another day will go by...If it were up to me every fallen brother, and every victim will go home tonight. They would never have to say goodbye to the ones that need them the most.

This job isnt about saving one life for every call, its about helping hundereds in a lifetime...

If at least one person is saved, it adversley affects everyone around them. To friends, to the family, and to the responders. I cant describe how many times a victim has changed my view on life..Life isnt like what you see in the movies - but never forget the days that seemed all too close...

To all my brothers out there I salute you. Whether you are an EMT Paramedic or Firefighter, once you are a brother, always a brother.