a "incident"

Status
Not open for further replies.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Time for both of you to grow up

What he said. Increasing your medication dosage might also help.

Seijou

Forum Probie

Honestly, I don't think any of this "grow up...", "you're getting written up and unpaid vacation" stuff is helping. I think it's a bit ridiculous that someone is sincerely asking you all for advice, but some of the responses given are the most unprofessional I've heard in a while.

medicnick83, I feel that this really wasn't your fault, but how you respond IS in your control. If the other guy probably gets quite a kick from acting like a jerk. The hardest thing for me to do is to overcome that, and still maintain professionalism regardless of what he/she says.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Nope time to grow up is the final answer. This petty whine and cry crap needs to stop. And if you made a decision that one person was right when only hearing one persons side really tells me you need to grow up as well.

Seijou

Forum Probie
Nope time to grow up is the final answer. This petty whine and cry crap needs to stop. And if you made a decision that one person was right when only hearing one persons side really tells me you need to grow up as well.

He didn't ask for an answer. He asked for comments, suggestions, thoughts.

If you don't like the "whine and cry" then don't read the thread and don't respond to it, that's simple enough... right?

What "decision" did I make? There is no decision TO be made, I stated an opinion and that can be taken for what it's worth.

I need to grow up as well? I guess you've just got tons of solutions here. Thanks for your fantastic input!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Nope. The OP asked for thoughts. And my thought is both of them behaved like petulant children. The OP seems to believe he was in the right. I believe that both were wrong, both deserve a written reprimand and a few days off.

Those are my thoughts, and I'll bet most of the other folks on the forum will agree.

Seijou

Forum Probie
Nope. The OP asked for thoughts. And my thought is both of them behaved like petulant children. The OP seems to believe he was in the right. I believe that both were wrong, both deserve a written reprimand and a few days off.

Those are my thoughts, and I'll bet most of the other folks on the forum will agree.

You already posted this. No need to keep saying the same thing over and over, but unlike your comments, others have actually left constructive feedback for the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Honestly, I don't think any of this "grow up...", "you're getting written up and unpaid vacation" stuff is helping. I think it's a bit ridiculous that someone is sincerely asking you all for advice, but some of the responses given are the most unprofessional I've heard in a while.

medicnick83, I feel that this really wasn't your fault, but how you respond IS in your control. If the other guy probably gets quite a kick from acting like a jerk. The hardest thing for me to do is to overcome that, and still maintain professionalism regardless of what he/she says.

Grow up is completely sound advice, probably the most useful the poster has gotten.

When you grow up you learn when and where to pick your battles and you figure out that on scene is NOT the place to do it even if it felt good at the time.

I'll admit, I'm still learning that.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Since the above accurate post drew a penalty card I will try and put it in a more positive way.

Both party's, based solely on the story of one person, acted extremely unprofessional and immature, if information provided is accurate. It is also unprofessional and immature to choose sides but it is even more unprofessional and immature to choose sides based on the statements of just one of the parties involved. So my cordial yet sage advice to those much younger than me is to become more professional and work on your maturity levels. The job is not about you and your ego it is about the well being of the patient.

Seijou

Forum Probie
Since the above accurate post drew a penalty card I will try and put it in a more positive way.

Both party's, based solely on the story of one person, acted extremely unprofessional and immature, if information provided is accurate.

This has already been mentioned in the discussion many times...

It is also unprofessional and immature to choose sides but it is even more unprofessional and immature to choose sides based on the statements of just one of the parties involved.

If, and this is "if" you were referring to me. Since your last post you told me to grow up for picking sides.

Read what I wrote:
medicnick83, I feel that this really wasn't your fault, but how you respond IS in your control.

I empathize with the OP. If you read what I originally wrote and think I picked sides, then you're interpretation is not what I wanted to get across. The sides don't matter to me in this situation. And even in my own experiences, there have been many a times where I've had to deal with supervisors who I could not communicate effectively with. In those instances, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, and if I'm right, then I'm still wrong. What's important to me, here, is that one learns to deal with these situations regardless of whether it's a big deal or a small deal, and to maintain your professionalism. So, please, get over the whole picking sides thing. It matters not.

Speaking of of professionalism, I find it interesting that you would be one of those people in this thread who is telling others that they are being immature and not acting professional, when your posts and general attitude have been negative.

The reason for my tone in my first post here were due to responses, such as this:
"

Grow up is completely sound advice, probably the most useful the poster has gotten.

When you grow up you learn when and where to pick your battles and you figure out that on scene is NOT the place to do it even if it felt good at the time.

I'll admit, I'm still learning that.

Sasha, I would wholeheartedly agree, as with a lot of the others who posted here and had good advice as well.

medic417

The Truth Provider
medicnick83, I feel that this really wasn't your fault,

If you read what I originally wrote and think I picked sides, then you're interpretation is not what I wanted to get across.

How could that statement not be taken as you taking his side? When you say not your fault you just put the blame on the other person.

Seijou

Forum Probie
If you read the entire statement. I mean that it wasn't his fault that the other person chose to say those things over the radio, BUT how he reacts is totally in his control (and therefore, his responsibility).

medicnick83, I feel that this really wasn't your fault, but how you respond IS in your control.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
If you read the entire statement. I mean that it wasn't his fault that the other person chose to say those things over the radio, BUT how he reacts is totally in his control (and therefore, his responsibility).

Again you took his side. W/O proof you condemned another person. Next time try to stay neutral with something like if something like you describe actually did occur...........Then throw in your remainder of response about being in control of own actions................

See no side taken. No approval or condemnation of the person not here to defend self.

Seijou

Forum Probie
Again you took his side. W/O proof you condemned another person. Next time try to stay neutral with something like if something like you describe actually did occur...........Then throw in your remainder of response about being in control of own actions................

See no side taken. No approval or condemnation of the person not here to defend self.

Seriously? Again with the whole picking sides thing? Maybe you aren't reading because I keep saying the sides don't matter as much as dealing with the situation. However, since you keep bringing it up:

OP recalls doing nothing which might have to started this whole dilemma, I don't have the other dude's testimony so... from what I see it's not the OP's fault the other dude was giving him a hard time. Have I been pressing this or something? have I been jumping up and down saying "It's not the OP's fault! Come on!"

Absolutely not, I've said again and again that my concern is how he dealt with the situation. So again, please stop giving a crap about picking sides.

As for condemning other other dude, how in the world did I do that?

Did I say it was the other dude's fault? Did I say the other dude was in the wrong and that Mr. OP was in the right?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
OP recalls doing nothing which might have to started this whole dilemma, I don't have the other dude's testimony so... from what I see it's not the OP's fault the other dude was giving him a hard time. Have I been pressing this or something? have I been jumping up and down saying "It's not the OP's fault! Come on!"

The call came in for a MVA, truck and bike - 2 patients and the address was given to another ambulance, since we figured we were closer to the call, we asked if we could goto the call instead (this would've been our first call for the shift so we were keen to do it) the call was then given to us and the other ambulance was stood down.

We headed in the direction, but because of traffic, we ended up having to take a slightly longer route (but we talking +20 seconds) onto the time.

But the ambulance that was stood down, headed to the call anyways (we expected that to happen as we know the ambulance crew)

The OP jumped the call first, which may have prompted the radio comment.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm pleased the bickering is over and now hope there's room for medicnick83 to say something more, if he so chooses. Otherwise, this thread will have run its course and will be closed.

medic417

The Truth Provider
On a different note, I'm just curious, you only have 1 ambulance respond to a 2 Patient call?

Thats real world. We do that all the time. Why? Because normally only ambulance and also why pull second ambulance out of service when we have plenty of room and supplies to take care of more than 2 patients.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Seriously? Again with the whole picking sides thing? Maybe you aren't reading because I keep saying the sides don't matter as much as dealing with the situation. However, since you keep bringing it up:

Absolutely not, I've said again and again that my concern is how he dealt with the situation. So again, please stop giving a crap about picking sides.

As for condemning other other dude, how in the world did I do that?

Did I say it was the other dude's fault? Did I say the other dude was in the wrong and that Mr. OP was in the right?

Actually by agreeing with OP w/o getting all facts you have in a sense condemned the other person. You have by doing that taken sides. As pointed out in another post you could educate while remaining neutral.

Remeber343

Forum Lieutenant
Why do you ask yourself a question before giving an answer to your question haha. I was just curious. What if they were both critical? Makes more sense to have them rolling your way. You can always cancel them.

Status
Not open for further replies.